no Hexagon contextual panel

no Hexagon contextual panel why.

cant bring up context panel.

Comments

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited February 2018

no Hexagon contextual panel why.

cant bring up context panel.

What kind of object is in your work area? Is Hexagon still waiting for you to Accept an operation you did?

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373

I cant bring yp the contextual menu either. on a mac using the hex beta. i tried the alternate selections for it in the preference editor and none work

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    dot_bat said:

I cant bring yp the contextual menu either. on a mac using the hex beta. i tried the alternate selections for it in the preference editor and none work

I'm also on a Mac, but it works for me.

Make sure that you have an object select or else no menu will appear.

contextual_menu.png
    1280 x 1024 - 473K

de3an, when i right mouse click what i get is the rectangle selection tool

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.43.12 AM.png
    1028 x 742 - 58K
    edited February 2018

dot_bat, that is not the contextual menu. That is your scenes property box you dragged off the right edge of your workspace. Two different things. You may have to do a reset of your menus.

Or is that what you meant to setup? I doubt that it is your right mouse button that is doing a different operation than the default behavior. But you may want to check both in Hexagon and in your mouse settings for your GUI.

If you have changed your menu setup a lot, I'd still do a reset so that Hexagon is back to default use.

Ok. Just did a test. A sticky mouse button will draw a rectangle instead of display the contextual menu.

edited February 2018

i only dragged the pallette to show that i have the object selected in the scene tree (form0) not the properties pallette. my right mouse button works in all my other apps. the contextual menu doesnt work or rather stopped working in hex 2.5.1.79. before that it worked fine. a small problem doesnt effect my use of hex which i enjoy working with and am glad and relieved they are updating. i attached scene tree showing object selected and using right mouse button shows contextual selections for freeze and hide

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 1.05.11 PM.png
    271 x 216 - 16K
    Post edited by dot_bat on
    dot_bat said:

i only dragged the pallette to show that i have the object selected in the scene tree (form0) not the properties pallette. my right mouse button works in all my other apps. the contextual menu doesnt work or rather stopped working in hex 2.5.1.79. before that it worked fine. a small problem doesnt effect my use of hex which i enjoy working with and am glad and relieved they are updating

For me, a quick right-click brings up the contextual menu. A long click brings up the Rectangular Lasso tool. The long click isn't really very long, and the quick click needs to be very quick.

If it doesn't work with even a very quick right-click, then I wonder if it could be a corrupted Preferences file. They are located in your Home directory under DAZ 3D/Hexagon 2. You can check by quitting Hexagon and renaming the "Hexagon 2" folder "old Hexagon 2". Then relaunch Hexagon. A new "Hexagon 2" folder will be created with all new preference files. If that solves the problem, then you will need to reset your preferences within Hexagon. If not, then exit Hexagon and delete the newly created "Hexagon 2" folder and rename the "old Hexagon 2" folder back to "Hexagon 2". Restart Hexagon, and all your preference settings will be back to the way they were.

de3an said:
    dot_bat said:

i only dragged the pallette to show that i have the object selected in the scene tree (form0) not the properties pallette. my right mouse button works in all my other apps. the contextual menu doesnt work or rather stopped working in hex 2.5.1.79. before that it worked fine. a small problem doesnt effect my use of hex which i enjoy working with and am glad and relieved they are updating

For me, a quick right-click brings up the contextual menu. A long click brings up the Rectangular Lasso tool. The long click isn't really very long, and the quick click needs to be very quick.

If it doesn't work with even a very quick right-click, then I wonder if it could be a corrupted Preferences file. They are located in your Home directory under DAZ 3D/Hexagon 2. You can check by quitting Hexagon and renaming the "Hexagon 2" folder "old Hexagon 2". Then relaunch Hexagon. A new "Hexagon 2" folder will be created with all new preference files. If that solves the problem, then you will need to reset your preferences within Hexagon. If not, then exit Hexagon and delete the newly created "Hexagon 2" folder and rename the "old Hexagon 2" folder back to "Hexagon 2". Restart Hexagon, and all your preference settings will be back to the way they were.

strange. if i double click my right mouse button i get the lasso tool but not always. sometimes i get the rectangle selection tool and very occasionally the contetual menu appears. its obviously broken at least in my system. did all taht default preferences stuff. i can live with it. thanx for advice anyway

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 2.41.59 PM.png
    641 x 870 - 12K
    dot_bat said:

strange. if i double click my right mouse button i get the lasso tool but not always. sometimes i get the rectangle selection tool and very occasionally the contetual menu appears. its obviously broken at least in my system. did all taht default preferences stuff. i can live with it. thanx for advice anyway

Have you tried a different mouse. Your symptoms strongly suggest a flaky mouse switch.

Since you say that you've had the problem with both Hex versions 2.5.1.79 and 2.5.2.109, and this is not a recognized problem in either version. And you have eliminated the preferences files. This would seem to leave either a hardware issue or possibly a mouse driver problem. If you are using a third party mouse with a special driver/control panel, check the settings for anything unusual, or check the vender for an updated driver.

edited February 2018

Check your click speed settings for your OS. There's usually a test window to click/drag on to get proper mouse feedback from.

edited February 2018

ok shawn will try your advice and see, thanx. just opened hex beta and now it works with a fast right click. reset preferences again. maybe change my my mouse settings will check. thanx again

Post edited by dot_bat on