Djinni for Aiko 3

Succulent FruitSucculent Fruit Posts: 102
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Hello,
Does anyone remember the Djinni set for Aiko 3? It was a lot of fun, and I intended to use it again. However, I can't use the morphs... I remember that the last time I installed it, I had to contact the creator for help because I was missing a file. The help I received was on the old forums, which are apparently gone >:( and google doesn't have the snapshot function it used to which you could use to visit sites that didn't exist anymore. Daz studio has always frustrated me, but getting any models to work anymore is a real chore. All I want to do at this point is make some scenes using Djinni... can anyone help me make her work? I am using Daz Studio 3, and I downloaded the base Djinni files from the creator's site, www.eldritch.se/poser/Djinni/
as well as the stand alone morph targets for daz studio. The problem is, they don't tell you where to install them, and apparently the Mech Girl Aiko 3 bundle doesn't come with the base Aiko 3 anymore, only the LE, which I think is part of the problem.
Thanks

Post edited by Succulent Fruit on

Comments

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Also from Fredrik...
    The Djinni_Morphtargets.zip contains external morph targets, that is .obj files you manually have to inject one at the time into the corresponding body part and then set the dial to one. When you have injected all the morphs adn finished dialing - Aiko should now have the Djinni shape. (Their are built in morphs in all relevant clothing items to make them fit this body shape, just select the appropriate item and click the "fit 2 djinni" pose).
    You only need this file if you have the Free AIKO 3 LE from DAZ. If you have the full version of Aiko you can use the INJ and REM poses included in the other packages instead.You can unzip this file anywhere as you will have to find the *obj manually from inside the poser GUI anyway.

TexBase.zip is the Photoshop files I used in creating Djinni's textures. The only need you have for them is if you want to use them to create your own textures. They fill no role in the Djinni package. This file unzips anywhere as poser don't use it at all. You use in your favorite paint program to modify/create your own textures for any millenium character.

Djinni_P*Runtime.zip contains all the files that are Poser version dependent. For example; Poser 4 does not support hierarchies within libraries, material files, png for thumbnails etc while poser 5 and higher does. The content of the two files reflects this and if you have poser 5 or higher you take install the Djinni_P5Runtime. If you one of the P4 versions you would install from the Djinni_P4Runtime.

DjinniBase.zip contains all files that are poser version independent such the actual Morph vector, hide and reveal dials poses, the mesh geometries themselves (*.obj files), textures and weblink files etc...

Installation instructions:The DjinniBase*.zip and one of the Djinni_P*Runtimes.zip are necessary for Djinni to work. You unzip these into the parent directory of whatever Runtime you want, normally that would be [Drive:\Program Files\ Curious Labs\Poser 6\]

Hope this clarifies things...

//Fredrik

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Dredging up old threads again. The Eldritch site is dead now. The base set for the Djinni can be found here:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20090309020714/http://eldritch.se/poser/Djinni
    The download links are live at this point in time.

The excellent Vashti texture set is still on Arien's site:
    http://www.arien-graphics.com/wp/?p=32