Installing content to Poser or Daz

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

So I have both Poser and Daz Studio.

If I could, I'd like some advice on where to install content.

Should I Install to the poser path, or should I install to the Daz Studio path ?

The reason I ask, is I am trying to keep all of my library's in one location and not have separate library's for poser or daz studio,

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can add any Poser runtime folder to the library in DAZ Studio, and you can do the same in Poser.

Some DAZ Content comes with DAZ Studio material files, and these wont be seen by either DS or Poser inside a Poser runtime folder. The default DS libraries have a runtime folder for holding and displaying Poser content, and it can also be viewed inside Poser by adding it as a library.

Even using DAZ Studio, DS script files (DS, DSA, DSB, DSE etc) will not show in the library if they are stored inside the Poser runtime folder, they need to be inside the main DS content folder.

• edited December 1969

Jimmy, sop then would you suggest that I just go ahead and install all content as Daz studio ( As the installers give the option to install into poser or daz studio ) into the Daz studio file path, and then point my poser library there ?

• edited December 1969

So I have both Poser and Daz Studio.

If I could, I’d like some advice on where to install content.

Should I Install to the poser path, or should I install to the Daz Studio path ?

The reason I ask, is I am trying to keep all of my library’s in one location and not have separate library’s for poser or daz studio,

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I can't see any reason why you couldn't, many do. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11176/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Duplicate threads merged. Please don't make duplicate threads on the same issue, as it means people are trying to help you in two places, which sometimes means that answers are duplicated as well.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited June 2013

Jimmy, sop then would you suggest that I just go ahead and install all content as Daz studio ( As the installers give the option to install into poser or daz studio ) into the Daz studio file path, and then point my poser library there ?

It may well be the easiest solution.

Poser will be able to read the DS runtime folder, and the Poser texture files. The EXE installers for DAZ 3D content, are being done away with, and are being replaced by ZIP files. Also, using the DAZ Install Manager (DIM), gives you a filter option for downloading (and installing) content. You can state your versin of Poser and DAZ Studio, and it will only download the files that you need. It is worth looking into.

EDIT:

While I was typing my post, there were at least three other posts, so I added the quote of the one I was talking about to avoid confusion.

AH, I realise what happened now, duplicate threads merged - OK, I thought it was a thread invasion.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

Sorry wasn't trying to dupe threads. Only added it in DS thread in case not all DS thread readers go to the poser section.

Also Szark, when I try to organize my folder structure, I quite often get "The file was not found" error, whats' the best way to avoid this ?

There are also folders created by the exe's that I do no t know where to put, Like Morphs, or files like the hide, inj, rem, show ?

What I have done is set up one folder outside of poser and DS to install all exe's into and point my Poser and DS library references to that folder.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I don't know to be honest as I never get that warning. All I do is point the exe to the right path and the installer does the rest, with file structure in tact. I don't move things around inside the content folder itself to aviod issues like that. Sorry I am not much help. Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you as some know more about this side of Daz Studio and content customisation.