DAZ Hexagon

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask a DAZ Hexagon question.

I've opened an inported object in Hexagon and I want to select and move portions of the object.  The portions I want to select and move are made of hundreds of tiny polygons to form the shape.

When I do a right click and draw a box around it, it doesn't select 100% of the pieces.  I can shift click select the missed peices, but many are so small I can't see what I might have missed.  Also, if I over draw the rectable using a right click, I end up selecting portions I don't want selected.

Anyone have recomendations?

Brent

Comments

• Moving to Hexagon Discussion.

• The Selection menu includes options that may help, most notably the Grow Selection command.

• Sometimes I toggle on the transparent view of the object so that I can select the polygons on the back side of it as well.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    Holding down "Shift +" will allow you to select the rest of the polygons associated with that part of the model.
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited February 2018

It almost sound like all the triangles/polygons are disconnected. Its possible an Average Weld may work. It can be a bit tricky to use if you have to find the minimimum distance to weld points that does not eliminate vertices that are needed.

Enter a small value and gradually increase until you notice points dissappearing that you want to keep.

Can you post the file?

Post edited by cdordoni on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

Or you just hide the rest of the scene and select everything with CRTL-A

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Perhaps it's just me, but I have never been able to get the lasso or marquee selections to work, in Hexagon. Sometimes I send stuff to DAZ Studio to "work on it" there before exporting back. At least in Studio I'm able to do bulk selections and removals with relative ease. Roger about missing fine little items and things that are along the back face of a model say... it can be annoying and most tedious.

Generally speaking, it seems to me that detailed, very fine mesh models from other sources than DAZ are harder to handle and move around than simple elements.

I have had a lot of trouble with the DAZ documentation. Again (just speaking in broad general terms here) things begin to thin out quickly when you get to any coverage of high-density mesh.