Poseable Seaweed/Sea Grass?

I tried searching for a freebie version of poseable sea grass, but to no avail.  I am wondering if there is any poseable sea grass that I could purchase from the DAZ Shop, Renderosity, or wherever, so I could animate the sea grass as if it is moving underwater with the flow?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,892

I think @SereneNight used dforce recently to "pose" seaweed. Hopefully she will drop in and offer some suggestions.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I haven't found one that's very flexible or has much movability I'm afraid.

I did make the product suggestion....

And I think the seaweed I found I could dforce easily was: https://www.daz3d.com/with-the-fishes

Granted, I'm not a dfrorce pro like others in the forum, so I likely could change rigidity and make the other stuff work, but I'm always lookinig for quick solutions.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,923

I totally would love poseable seaweed, as I used to do a lot of underwater renders before I became a PA. Hmmm... Might need to add this to my build list.

You must have a long list by now!

barbult said:

You must have a long list by now!

Ha! You have NO idea how long this thing is. I gotta stop reading these threads in this forum. Lol.

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,097
    edited February 2018

I haven't found one that's very flexible or has much movability I'm afraid.

I did make the product suggestion....

And I think the seaweed I found I could dforce easily was: https://www.daz3d.com/with-the-fishes

Granted, I'm not a dfrorce pro like others in the forum, so I likely could change rigidity and make the other stuff work, but I'm always lookinig for quick solutions.

So, how would I be able to pose it using dforce?  Would I have to download a dforce plugin or something?  I did purchase the item this morning, and based on what you mentioned, it looked promising, until I added it to a scene and found it couldn't pose.

Thank goodness I reread your post, as it is pretty clear that there is hope on trying to pose the seaweed.

Any tutorials on how to pose in dforce?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on

dForce is included in DS 4.10. There is no plugin to install. Be sure you are running the latest version, 4.10.0.123, because dForce was improved in each 4.10 release.

There are several video tutorials and forum threads about dForce. Most are geared toward clothing. You can learn a lot by experimenting. Start here and look here. RGcincy has documentat a lot of his experiments. Really, just search for dForce with Google. There is so much information available.

Yeah, what barbult said. Pretty much any mesh can have a dForce map applied to it. Somewhere around here Saiyaness did some early experiements and put dForce settings on the Genesis (3 or 8, I can't remember) male and female models and had some hilarious results. 

You'll need to do some experimenting yourself to find the right settings to get the seaweed to do what you want it to do, but there are wind settings that you can use to simulate currents. I think you have some exciting work ahead of you. I'd be interested in seeing how it all turns out.

• I read posts about people having issues with installing certain video card drivers with Windows 10, and I certainly don't want to end up with a computer not being able to boot up, especially since my last computer died after just over one year (it was an Acer brand, to be exact).

That said, I am just going to wait patiently until someone puts some poseable seaweed up for sale or as a freebie.

• I wonder if one of the items in the package Strings could be adapted into something resembling seaweed.  It doesn't exactly look like seaweed. but it might still work, depending on what sort of morphs it might contain.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited February 2018

There was an image I did in one of the dforce threads with my character sarge. Carrying an unexploded warhead draped in seaweed.

what you do is basically follow the same instructions for dforcing a clothing pile. Pose the weed above the item you want to drape over. Apply the shader and let it drop using dforce simulator.The weed falls and drapes and when you have enough stop before gravity makes it squished too much

Post edited by Serene Night on