prehistoric oceans

Ammonite HerpsAmmonite Herps Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I know there are some items in the store for ancient oceans but what I would like to see would be a collection of creatures such as trilobites and Ammonites and maybe other crustaceans. I know of only 2 trilobites but they are not high quality so maybe a set of 3 or 5 species and an ammonite with morphing shell or something?

Just a couple thing I would like to see.

Comments

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I know there are some items in the store for ancient oceans but what I would like to see would be a collection of creatures such as trilobites and Ammonites and maybe other crustaceans. I know of only 2 trilobites but they are not high quality so maybe a set of 3 or 5 species and an ammonite with morphing shell or something?

Just a couple thing I would like to see.

DinoRaul is the guy for prehistoric creatures, although these days he seems to be focusing mostly on contemporary plants. I'm sure he'd at least be wiling to consider it if you emailed him your request -- I've emailed him about other requests before, and I've always found him to be a pretty decent guy.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It's not poseable - but it looks good and is free
    http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-ammonite-3d-model/254206

• Ammonite HerpsAmmonite Herps Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the ammonite model. Not sure how many different poses I would need but that will add to some atmosphere.

Sent a message to DR but he said he is not really interested on those types of creatures so probably no with him. I did get one trilobite model a while back but its a silly looking species with googly eyes.

http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=394

Got it when it was free.

Post edited by Ammonite Herps on
    edited December 1969

Okay about that Ammonites. Is there a way to import a lightwave model into Daz? Won't be able to use it otherwise...

• edited December 1969

Don't know, but you can probably import into a 3d modelling programme (I use Wings3d) and save it as .obj that you can then import

edited December 1969

Okay about that Ammonites. Is there a way to import a lightwave model into Daz? Won't be able to use it otherwise...

Do you have Hexagon? It was free for some time ...

edited December 1969

Any information on that? Rather limited on resources right now.

edited December 1969

Low ressources version is: using Blender, import 3ds, export obj.