Some advice, please, about 3D animation packages.

kewl2cukewl2cu Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I would really appreciate some advice about 3D animation packages.

I’ll be brief, but thorough… so as not to waste anyone’s time and kindness.

I wish to animate clothed characters in natural landscapes in higher-end, near-realistic 3D.

· Characters within the landscape (i.e. not just moving in front of it),
· Multiple characters in the same scene,
· Lip-sync,
· Naturally flowing clothes and hair,
· Character movement modification within the composite (i.e. landscape) program,
· Trees, skies, water (etc.) moving naturally,
· And, importantly, travelling shots to include the characters and landscapes.

I’ve worked in 2D CAD since 1986 and was a registered Adobe CS consultant: so I have a background, and it would appear that demanding programs don’t faze me. Therefore, I wouldn’t wish to “start with a simple program and eventually move up to the real thing”. Also, I’m getting old so can’t waste time!

I’d settled on Poser 2014 and Vue 11 Complete/Infinite. [They’re just within my budget.]

Then, I looked on some general forums and found so much contradictory information about incompatibilities between them, that now I’m totally lost. I also noted that the most serious Vue program (xStream) needs to be in other (better?) programs to work.

I now realise, through looking at the forums, that there’s a plethora of highly thought-of 3D programs… it’s getting confusing!

On the “getting older” theme, I’d prefer not spend two weeks on making a program do something tricky only to find that a different (and affordable) program could have done it in moments. Paint versus Photoshop!

I’d be very grateful for some guidance. Thank you.

Comments

• info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

"... water (etc.) moving naturally"
    See RealFlow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealFlow

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

just what you want and it's free -

http://www.blender.org/

• kewl2cukewl2cu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you both for your most helpful replies. I've taken them very much on-board.

I do apologise for the delay in reading and responding to your kind advice. Sadly, my 90 year-old mother had a stroke shortly after I'd posted and I'm busy helping her to rebuild her life... computer stuff had to be put on a back-burner. I don't want you to think I didn't appreciate your guidance... I am very grateful.

Thanks again and best wishes!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

kewl2cu said:
    Thank you both for your most helpful replies. I've taken them very much on-board.

I do apologise for the delay in reading and responding to your kind advice. Sadly, my 90 year-old mother had a stroke shortly after I'd posted and I'm busy helping her to rebuild her life... computer stuff had to be put on a back-burner. I don't want you to think I didn't appreciate your guidance... I am very grateful.

Thanks again and best wishes!

hope your mother get better soon - give her a big Hug for me .