clothing pile

skaubleskauble Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I'm having no luck finding a pile of clothing model for Poser or any obj software.

Here's a question; If I were to create a pile of dynamic clothing, simulating one piece at a time, is there a way I can convert the whole thing into a stagnant wavefront object?

Comments

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

Yes, create the pile, bottom one first, collide with ground, then let them drop with collisions of the other already dropped cloth.
    Then export the lot as wavefront obj and select them all. That will create a single object

Alternative solution.
    Drop each of them. When the sim is finished, create a morph target. Then go back to frame 1, set the morph to 1 and delete the sim. Do that for all of them and save them to the library or export them as a wavefront obj

• skaubleskauble Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    Yes, create the pile, bottom one first, collide with ground, then let them drop with collisions of the other already dropped cloth.
    Then export the lot as wavefront obj and select them all. That will create a single object

Alternative solution.
    Drop each of them. When the sim is finished, create a morph target. Then go back to frame 1, set the morph to 1 and delete the sim. Do that for all of them and save them to the library or export them as a wavefront obj

Thank you kindly

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

I know it's not helpful, fortunately WimvdB has answered already, but I can't help replying that any pile of clothes left in a teenager's bedroom is apt to get stagnant on its own.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

skauble said:
    I'm having no luck finding a pile of clothing model for Poser or any obj software.

Here's a question; If I were to create a pile of dynamic clothing, simulating one piece at a time, is there a way I can convert the whole thing into a stagnant wavefront object?

I think trekkiegirl (rendo, her own site url?) has a ppile for sale or as a freebie. I don't remember where.

• I know this was an old question but, just in case anyone else is looking for a pile of clothing:  Beat578 on Sharecg has one: Pile of Cloth - DAZ Studio - ShareCG and the link for TrekieGrrrl's Stacked Linen is:  Stacked Linen - Poser - ShareCG