HU - Sparkys final freebie for a little bit and some news...

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Lastest freebie is now avaliable....

Inspired by an image posted by RTC-Spanky here at daz, heres an incredibly detailed poser model of an old computer. All the dials and knobs have been modeled so this model is perfect for close up shots.

It's so detailed even the rubber around the buttons has been added, and the dials have readable displays.

Plus it's been very carefully mapped and textured. As well as giving it a old desaturated feel for retro style scenes. For extra realism you can easily replace the main colours with app based shaders. Or quickly change the button textures to single colours to give a lit up Buck Rogers look.

Oh, and the model comes as one big one single model and also as separate props.

Image #1 - shows model rendered in Poser 4 with the light from a daz environment set.

Image #2 - Render settings as image#1.

Image #3 - settings as #1 with a slight sharpen to make up for poser anti-alising and JPG compression.

http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

3_poser.jpg
600 x 600 - 43K
2_poser.jpg
600 x 600 - 46K
1_poser.jpg
600 x 600 - 44K

Comments

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

#4 - rendered using an HDR app.

#5 As #4, with a touch of SM's Camera Bag software, which I think makes this look aged and realistic, like a old magazine.

Plus some important news, despite feeding it the correct diet of nicotine and caffeine. Sadly MrSparky is slightly broken and needs to go the menders. As he'll be in hospital (which is a big building with lots of patients, but thats not important right now), he won't be around from Friday 7th June 2013 until Monday 10th June at the earliest.

As sometimes wet ware upgrades can take a while to settle down, it might also mean there'll be no freebies for a few weeks. But don't worry there will be some new stuff soon.

5_retro.jpg
    572 x 415 - 37K
    4_hdr.jpg
    552 x 425 - 27K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Thanks, and get well soon.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Outstanding stuff, I just went DL crazy on that link.

and get better!

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Good luck in hospital and get well soon. Take a supply of munchies and avoid the food :)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for this, and I have to laugh at how you even make going to the hospital funny :) But that's not important now...lol..

Hope that all that is broken is fixed quickly with as little mess and discomfort as possible and that you're feeling better and healed in a short time (I won't say *soon*(tm). As much as we love your freebies, that's so much more important!!

*HUGS*

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Thanks you so much for your freebies and hope the doctors and nurses mend mrsparky quickly.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

I hope they fix everything quickly and without trouble. If they start talking about upgrades, or saying "soon you will be like us", then wheel yourself out of there at once.

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone, and don't worry I'm being treated by the NHS (our free health care system in the UK).
    It can be slow, a bit rusty at times, and all Brits moan about it. But it when we really need it, it rarely lets us down.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Here's hoping you will be back soon and as Sparky as always. Best wishes.

• VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    Thanks everyone, and don't worry I'm being treated by the NHS (our free health care system in the UK).
    It can be slow, a bit rusty at times, and all Brits moan about it. But it when we really need it, it rarely lets us down.

So you Brits got better free health care - ours in Poland can let us down quite often ^^' But do take care of yourself, and speedy recovery to you!
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the retro computer ... will fit in nicely with a moon factory set [wip - mostly in head still] ... I do also hope that all goes well for you. Speedy recovery. And do take the time you need to heal. Life is precious ;-)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Echoing the thanks for that beast of a computer, and hoping your hospital stay is a short and pleasant one!

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the new model Sarky, it's just what I needed.

No, nurse chasing while you're in hospital.
    Get well soon.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Way cool computer! Just slightly older than the ones I used to work on. ;) Here's hoping for a smooth MrSparky upgrade process with no need for bug fixes afterward!

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Love the old timey computer; thank you!

Hope your hospital stay is a quick one and you can escape back to the fun stuff soon.

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

I pray all the wet ware upgrades go well.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the freebie's and enjoy your stay in hospital and get well soon, oh! and leave the nurses alone!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Get well soon!
    Take care!

And thanks for that nifty computerthingie!

• trumarcartrumarcar Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

What a wonderful computer! Thank you so much for this and I hope the upgrades go well.

Take care.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

WOW! Very impressive indeed! Great job!

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:

I've had their care several times, the best of luck mate.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited June 2013

Hihi, I almost missed the thread. Thanks for took my oimage as inspiration. This machine is awesome and I could try to create my own Timetunnel Studio. Thank you very very much.

ProfessorGumdrop.jpg
    800 x 800 - 242K
    Post edited by RCTSpanky on