Missing files when startup Daz Studio 4 Advanced 64 bit

FroomenFroomen Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am istalling on D: disc
the following files are reported missing.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/FBMBasicFemale.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

I have uninstalled and installed again, same message occur.

How to solve the problem?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, what version of DAZ Studio are you using? There is now no version called Advanced, there is one version called Pro, and it is currently at v4.6.0.18

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials, if not, you will need to do that as well as installing the main application, the content is now in a seperate installer. If you have installed Genesis SE to your D drive as well, make sure that DAZ Studio knows where the content is located, by entering the path in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, in both DAZ Studio AND Poser Formats.

• FroomenFroomen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, now it's working. Maybe more confusions after learning and using the software. :-)

• This was super helpful!

"If you have installed Genesis SE to your D drive as well, make sure that DAZ Studio knows where the content is located, by entering the path in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, in both DAZ Studio AND Poser Formats."

Thank you for this excellent information! I was really confused why Studio 4.8 was not able to find the content that Install Manager has just installed for it! Turns out Studio was looking under "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\..." while the actual files installed by Install Manager were at "G:\Daz\Library" because my C: drive is a tiny SSD and I don't install anything other than the OS and critical files there, putting everything else on HDDs.

I would have thought that Daz would have the foresight to program Studio to ask Install Manager where the content actually is rather than assume it's in a default location. Daz does produce both pieces of software, and supposedly Install Manager exists to make installing and managing your content easy.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The behavior of the DIM is intentional.  It was decided that it wouldn't use the Studio default and it would have its own default location.