Wishlist for Carrara PlugIn Developers

13»

Comments

• I know that Fenric did a Shader Doctor and some fixes for Poser content import.  I didn't get those and don't know what the full feature set is and whether he included this specific fix.  A plugin would be quicker that saving out to a large text file and back especially if you add more figures to the scene directly from the Content tab.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited May 2019

He did a mipmap one too but I never bought it as rarely need to do this, 

http://fenric.com/wordpress/downloads/

only trial cannot get product page to see store

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Thanks Wendy,

Okay, I see, his Fox Den website is a bit broken but he did do an Advanced Shader Tweaker which lists that default Fast MipMap fix so if that is still available I won't want to double up on his efforts - except for my own study and use.  As I said I'm working in that area.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

A comment from 2016 suggests the the Fast MipMap to Sampling conversion may not be fully functional:

kakman said:
    Fenric’s plug-in – Advanced Shader Tweaker – does help with this somewhat.  The plugin has issues with finding and changing the Filtering setting for the texture maps (and other settings as well) with any shader that has nesting in it.  I had reported this to him when the plug-in first came out and he responded that he would work on fixing it, but apparently – as happens to all of us, life must have gotten in the way.

The full post can be found here:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1039314/#Comment_1039314

So, this may still be a needed function.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

a way to set up a shader preset that can apply a shader without losing the loaded texture map would be apreciated kewl.  like the old poser wacros could apply sss if holding the shift key

• Thanks for the quote and link de3an.  It's going down through a complex, or nested, list of shaders that I'm working on and if Fenric couldn't complete that task I think I can.  I need to test out some simpler code first to make sure and fixing the filtering would be the best intermediary step.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Glad to help.

Thanks for continuing to support Carrara.

• I've got a working version of this plugin that I've called the Filter Fixer which you can download from my Laboratory.  This is able to walk through a simple or complex shader, look for any Texture Maps then change the Filtering mode to whatever you want.  It can be applied to the current scene selection, such as Actor on a figure, or all of the master shaders in the scene.

I've tested it with standard figure content import and shaders with a layer list but nowhere near exhaustively so let me know if you find a case where it fails.  Poking around deeper inside shaders wasn't easy to figure out (not for me and not without sample code) and my first attempts involved some memory hacking but the code I've used sticks to the rules so I'm confident of its stability.

A planned improvement will be to add the option to include or exclude certain filter settings so you could only change those shaders with the Fast Mip-Map setting to Sampling etc.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    Thanks! Brilliant.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

I've got a working version of this plugin that I've called the Filter Fixer which you can download from my Laboratory.  This is able to walk through a simple or complex shader, look for any Texture Maps then change the Filtering mode to whatever you want.  It can be applied to the current scene selection, such as Actor on a figure, or all of the master shaders in the scene.

I've tested it with standard figure content import and shaders with a layer list but nowhere near exhaustively so let me know if you find a case where it fails.  Poking around deeper inside shaders wasn't easy to figure out (not for me and not without sample code) and my first attempts involved some memory hacking but the code I've used sticks to the rules so I'm confident of its stability.

A planned improvement will be to add the option to include or exclude certain filter settings so you could only change those shaders with the Fast Mip-Map setting to Sampling etc.

Thank you so much!!