Corrupted Source Files while installing Poser Pro 2014

nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Well, this sucks!

Finally finished downloading PP2014, had to run it overnight, and while I'm installing, I get three errors saying the source files are corrupt.

The specific files:

Poser Pro 2014 Content\Runtime\Textures\Poser 6 Textures\James\James_Face_Color_Lores.jpg
Poser Pro 2014 Content\Runtime\Libraries\Character\People\Ryan\Marcus_LowRes.pmd
Poser Pro 2014 Content\Runtime\Textures\Poser 8\Ryan\Diego\DiegoHeadSat.png

I'm re-downloading the two installers that threw these errors, PoserCasuals.exe and PoserNudes.exe, but it will be a few hours before I can try them to see if that fixes things.

It's really irritating when I spend $200 and there's a glitch, even a minor one, in the product. That's a significant amount of money for me, not spent lightly. NOT to mention the SEVERAL HOURS spent downloading the program to begin with. I didn't have ANY problems with the 2012 installers.

To make things worse, I'm having to use the Smith Micro Download Manager, no direct links to the installers themselves.

Comments

• KerwinKerwin Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

I'd give your hard drive a quick check. This is not normal nor widely reported. It could be indicative of a file corruption on the local machine.
    -K

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

OK, downloaded, problem solved.