Ideas for sci-fi places

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
edited February 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

It would be wonderful if we could get some sci-fi places for the everyday life (spaceship or futuristic city) like "Futuristic Promenade" (renderosity) or "AJ Futuristic Recreation Center" (renderosity).

Large public places with a small number of props like KindredArts did with The Citadel and Sci-Fi Bastion

The existing sci-fi places are too "military", the Future shouldn't only be restricted to Soldier or Super-Hero.

And about the advanced alien civilization, the buildings could be made with organic material for example.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    NoahLGP said:

And about the advanced alien civilization, the buildings could be made with organic material for example.

That could be interesting.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    NoahLGP said:

the buildings could be made with organic material for example.

Amazingly, there are a few example of that right here on Earth!  Astonishing, I know!

It's called "wood". wink

Sincerely,

Bill

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Redfern said:
    NoahLGP said:

the buildings could be made with organic material for example.

Amazingly, there are a few example of that right here on Earth!  Astonishing, I know!

It's called "wood". wink

Sincerely,

Bill

LMAO!

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited February 2018
    Redfern said:

It's called "wood". wink

Sincerely,

Bill

I meant animal organs cheeky

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • He knows what you meant. Can't always resist the urge to joke.

I'd like more props and I'll convert the wide spaces myself.

But interesting building shapes would be awesome.

• Along those lines, some realistic Apollo, Gemini and Mercury capsules would be welcomed. They were certainly sci-fi when they were first designed! A proper fully stacked Saturn V and LUT would be... Impressive.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    NoahLGP said:
    Redfern said:

It's called "wood". wink

Sincerely,

Bill

I meant animal organs cheeky

Reminds me of the Lexx . . .

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Didn't the Sith have something like this? I don't remember, it's been a long time since I've been interested in Star Wars.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

JoLab1985's Xeno Temple is about the closest I've seen to an organic structure. I suspect that the works of H.R. Giger (who did the design for the original "Alien") may have influenced it a bit.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

I think when one thinks of an alien spaceship made of 'organic' materials, we don't mean plastic or wood; we mean 'still living'.  Growing organically into its present shape.

• Along those lines, some realistic Apollo, Gemini and Mercury capsules would be welcomed. They were certainly sci-fi when they were first designed! A proper fully stacked Saturn V and LUT would be... Impressive.

There's a nice Apollo CSM and LM over at Renderosity (I thought there was one here, but apparently not). Gemini and Mercury would be good to see, especially if they came with a Titan and Atlas/Redstone rocket.

• Farscape also had an organic spaceship, and of course as someone else here mentioned, so did Lexx.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Farscape also had an organic spaceship, and of course as someone else here mentioned, so did Lexx.

When I think of organic, my first thought is of the Wraith Hive cruisers from Stargate Atlantis

• Come to think of it, the Zygons on DrWho also have organic tech.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    edited February 2018

When it comes to space planes and capital ships, I'm a fan of anime.  I'd love to see some planes and big ships inspired by old Robotech and Star Blazers.  There are some DAZ compatible models out there, but not much.  As far as alien ships go, I'm starting to use some of herminio’s free stuff.  They have a very alien look.  Some of his ships look like sea creaures.  Just my 2 cents.

Farscape also had an organic spaceship, and of course as someone else here mentioned, so did Lexx.

Loved Farscape

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • tkdrobert said:

When it comes to space planes and capital ships, I'm a fan of anime.  I'd love to see some planes and big ships inspired by old Robotech and Star Blazers.

Have you looked into Vanishing Point's freebie archive recently? The latest addition is a Cosmo Zero Fighter in Vue, D|S and Poser formats.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

I'd love some Utopian HDRI's, with lush forests, and at various distances some serene white organic shaped buildings/cities sprinkled around them, giving a different view or background from different angles. Ideally, it would also be slightly from above, so it'd look as if the camera was on the top of some hill, overlooking surrounding valleys or something like that.