Tousled Hair problem

Love Redz hair, but this one has me a bit confused - the Materials and Styles folders are empty in Content Library, and when I check the zip I see all the files are *.djl. Is anyone else seeing content in those folders?

I'm using 4.10 Beta.

Comments

• That sounds like a packing issue - the .djl files are links so that an item isntalled via Connect can be accessed from a regular content directory, they don't contain any of the actual content. Please open a support ticket.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Thanks Richard - I'm use DIM so I've never seen that format before.

• I queried this and apparently the product is set up that way deliberately - there's only one copy of each presets, in the Genesis 8 Female version, and the linbks point to that. If this is a separate isntaller for each figure you do, I think, have to install the Genesis 8 Female version regardless of whether you intend to sue it or not (the maps will not, I think, double-up).

It is one installer in DIM that installs G3M, G8M, G3F and G8F - so all installed, all catagorised in Content Library (in 4.8) but nothing shows up in G3M, G8M, or one of the Female one - can't remember which one I checked and I'm at work just now - in either 4.8 or 4.10 beta

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited February 2018

Wish I could help with this, but as Richard says, it looks to be an issue with product packaging after submission. I tried a reinstall with DIM, and the style and material settings are showing for me for each G3/G8 version. I’m using version 4.10

ETA Curiously, I tried in the 4.8 version I have installed and the links are not there, so perhaps this ‘linked’ files system only works in the latest version of Daz Studio? It’s not an issue I’ve come across before. A work-around would be to copy and paste the styles and materials folders from the G8F version to the others.

Post edited by Redz on
  • Ah, yes - the links won't do anything in 4.8, they were added a buld or two in to 4.9 as I recall. But they should work in 4.10, as long as the content diectories are set correctly.

I loaded Gareth (from Rendo) in 4.10 last night and applied the hair - the basic hair duf is there and applied, the dials are all there - it is just the material and styles folder that are empty. I have to use 4.8 to categories since they removed the feature from later DS, but G8M I use in 4.10

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited February 2018

You should be able to categorise in 4.10 - which method were you using in 4.8? I do wonder if the lack of icons in 4.10 indicates a CMS issue of soem kind - do the female files, which you do see, have the proper content type flags at top-right?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I can't check just now as I am at work. But I think I see what is happening - I use the Blue Highlights to catagories all content in 4.8, export and then import into 4.10. But since 4.8 doesn't recognise *.djl files it never adds it to the db or export so there is nothing to import. So they have further broken the work-a-round some of us have for the removal of the Blue Highlight since 4.8 - it is already not importing 3rd party/freebies into 4.10 reliably.

• 3Ddreamer said:

I loaded Gareth (from Rendo) in 4.10 last night and applied the hair - the basic hair duf is there and applied, the dials are all there - it is just the material and styles folder that are empty. I have to use 4.8 to categories since they removed the feature from later DS, but G8M I use in 4.10

I am having the same problem !!!