Is Poserworld site gone?

2»

Comments

• AkuraAkura Posts: 41

i just tried the site. it's working for me :3 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    Chohole said:
    th3Digit said:

nah need to be signed into Facebook and possibly a friend of Alan Harkleroad to see it, I cannot on Safari either

and spell his name right.  He gets quite upset if you don't.

L has no fury like an Alen mispelt? 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

Does anyone remeber the address of the old Poserworld site where being registered meant you could download anything, and is it still there? I am one of lifetime members of the old site. When they switched to selling items seperatly they kept the old site avaialable with a different url for lifetime members but I can't remember the address. I do remember that there was never a link to it from the newer poserworld.com

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

According to this thread    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/274976/poserworld-shutting-down-sept-30/p1     Poserworld is shutting down   

https://poserworld.com

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

Seems they're back...

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    edited April 2019
    Sempie said:

Seems they're back...

Well, without the content. There were regular emails about the shutdown. I managed to get my stuff from the shorter lived version of the site and fortunately have most of the really old stuff from the so called, "Lifetime" membership on DVD. Those guys, at least in my view were like the last bastion of the indie Poser scene. The last gasp of the content wild west so to speak. Miss em. Every now and then I'll pull out some of their stuff and upfit it and convert it to IRay.

Post edited by Greybro on
    edited January 2019
    Greybro said:
    Sempie said:

Seems they're back...

Well, without the content. There were regular emails about the shutdown. I managed to get my stuff from the shorter lived version of the site and forutnterly have most of the really old stuff from the so called, "Lifetime" membership on DVD. Those guys, at least in my view were like the last bastion of the indie Poser scene. The last gasp of the content wild west so to speak. Miss em. Every now and then I'll pull out some of their stuff and upfit it and convert it to IRay.

If you click the New models For Sale text at the bottom of the main page you enter the store.

I was a PoserWorld member for several years, until financial problems forced me to quit. I bought their 7 DVD set with most of what they ever created when they discontinued their DVDs, some two years ago, at a bargain price. They did a lot of unique stuff and I loved them for that. The subscription format had its advantages; not being dependent on the sales of single items they could afford to create niche content every now and again... A lot of stores mostly seem to be rehashing the same old stuff over and over again, for every next character generation nowadays, and concentrate on stuff that is guaranteed to sell a lot. I discovered the Poser Community around early 2002, miss those old days and the many Poser sites that disappeared since then, and the general indie spirit of that period.

Post edited by Sempie on
  • ravenraven Posts: 14

The main page says PoserWorld is currently closed for updating/upgrading by the new owners. They have restored access to the old downloads for the legacy Lifetime members, the link is on the main PoserWorld page. I just logged in at the legacy Lifetime page and it's working in case people are still wondering.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    raven said:

The main page says PoserWorld is currently closed for updating/upgrading by the new owners. They have restored access to the old downloads for the legacy Lifetime members, the link is on the main PoserWorld page. I just logged in at the legacy Lifetime page and it's working in case people are still wondering.

But it might not be ready until 2109 (unless that was a typo)

• ravenraven Posts: 14

Yep, I think that might well be a typo! :)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

I was indeed able to login to the Members' Site and download.  smiley

However, there is a glitch in the site; the login link is to a non secured page.  Add an 's' after http in the URL and you are set, ie:

https://3dfig.com/Secure/Login.aspx

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

I am super impressed that whomever the new owners are, they are trying to make things right with the LifeTime Members.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

It works - it even worked asking for a reset of my password. Nice!

• MI3DARTMI3DART Posts: 24

I try to acces the poserworld site and it gives me a 403 - Forbidden message. I ever tried via TOR browser (to see if it was a localization problem) but same thing. And on this computer, I have never accessed it. Tried the 3dFig link as well but it doesn't connect,chrome tells me it took to long to respond. :(

I try to acces the poserworld site and it gives me a 403 - Forbidden message. I ever tried via TOR browser (to see if it was a localization problem) but same thing. And on this computer, I have never accessed it. Tried the 3dFig link as well but it doesn't connect,chrome tells me it took to long to respond. :(

I cannot reach it either.

• Over on the Poser forums the new owners said this.

From Dreamcutter,

"FYI Yes, PoserWorld is coming back. We realize the store has been down since April 24 (2019), we expect to have it back by May 5, for a grand re-opening on the 15th. The new PoserWorld.com website has been affected by a worldwide disaster at A2 hosting where all of thier Windows servers have been pulled off line for past 9 days. Its a setback but we are prepared to overcome this challenge."

I looked it up A2 Hosting got hit by ransomware. https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-server-hosting-provider-still-down-a-week-after-ransomware-attack/

So all websites that were hosted on windows boxes have to be restored from the last unencryted backup. What a pain.

Since the site is still down I would not expect the site to back for the grand reopening on the 15th but maybe it will.

I just tried to log on and my account is apparently gone...

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    WandW said:

There's a separate site for former members and the older stuff -- poserworld.net. Your account may work there.

WandW said:

Logon where?

https://poserworld.com/ is not where the old stuff is.

There is a link in the middle of the page to The PoserWorld member download site is restored at PoserWorld.net.

PoserWorld.net leads to https://3dfig.com/

My login there works ...

vwrangler said:
    WandW said:

There's a separate site for former members and the older stuff -- poserworld.net. Your account may work there.

It does work at the archived site, just not at Poserworld dot com.  I guess they didn't migrate the accounts over...

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited October 2019
    Greybro said:

I am super impressed that whomever the new owners are, they are trying to make things right with the LifeTime Members.

WandW said:
    vwrangler said:
    WandW said:

It does work at the archived site, just not at Poserworld dot com.  I guess they didn't migrate the accounts over...

Hi I'm am the admin of the pw store.  I sincerely appreciate DAZ 3D for maintaining this thread, being the leader of the community this is a testiment they have interest of the Poser comunity at the forefront.
    After the A2 disaster on the relaunch earlier this year we just could not trust the integrity of the recovered database.  With regard to account recovery and purchases, the front page should have all the information needed to learn how we are recovering customer libraries and making everone effected by the transition whole.  Please contact customer support there if you have any further questions. 
    Also the yes legacy member club site is still being maintained for the lifers, again link at pw store.
    Last word on news, its with sad heart I have to share Mr Steve Shanks passed away last spring.  Its nice to think that our craft and art keeps memories alive for ever.  You can read about the founders Steve and Allen in the about-us section of the site.  
    Cheers and Render On.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on

That is sad to hear - I liked Steve!

Sad to hear indeed.

I have been a Poserworld member for several years, and liked it very much - always had the feeling that there was passion and love behind the items he created.

• Update: Lifetime Club members get your access back at the PW store, just register and open a support ticket there.  Of course no charge for lifetime members.   We have consolidated the download club service to the main site from the temporary 3dfig server.

Update: Lifetime Club members get your access back at the PW store, just register and open a support ticket there.  Of course no charge for lifetime members.   We have consolidated the download club service to the main site from the temporary 3dfig server.

Sorry, but:

I did open a support ticket, got an automated mail "Your message has been received. We will respond within 24 Hours. Thanks." and then nothing?

Still no reaction ... doesn't make me hopeful ... sniff!

Yay! I just got the message that I am now a "Poser World Gold Club Classic" member. Thank you!

• Dream Cutter said:

Update: Lifetime Club members get your access back at the PW store, just register and open a support ticket there.  Of course no charge for lifetime members.   We have consolidated the download club service to the main site from the temporary 3dfig server.

@ Dreamcutter: Thanks for the headsup and update. I have a lifetime club membership and have now opened a support ticket requesting Gold membership. 

Is it still possible to download the old Poser world stuff?  And is it something that will be available for some time?