Editing in Poser Pro 2010 to use in Daz

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Can anyone spare the time to help a newb figure out something that should be really simple? I bought Driza hotel on Renderosity and it's great for a project I'm working on except I need to remove the crates, buckets, barrels, etc. I have PPro 2010 and have figured out how to create groups and add things to the group, and I've been able to duplicate the crates, buckets, etc. but I haven't been able to delete the originals. Seems like it should be easy.

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,927
    edited December 1969

Try going at it the other way - group te bits you want to keep, duplicate those and save as a prop which you can then open in Poser or DS.

• edited December 1969

An interesting idea. And thanks for the reply.

I did try this though I marked the stuff I didn't want to include and then used the "invert" function. I was then able to export the hotel object without the crates, boxes. However I am missing the textures. I can deal with that later if need be.

What I'd really like to know is how to remove/delete the stuff I have selected. For instance, in the "Group Editor" I click on "Add Material" and I can add the crate, so somewhere in this project there is some kind of object called "crate". Same with "jar" and "canopy", etc. So far I've been able to make these things invisible, and that produces the result I need, but it seems the wrong way to go about it. ;)

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

I'm surprised the crates and boxes were not modeled as separate props that you can select and then delete. That is usually how it is done. Have you tried that? You can select props by just clicking on them, or from the pulldown menu on top of the preview window. No need to mess around in the group editor.

If they are not separate props, it sounds like they are at least separate material zones. Just make them invisible - it's much easier than using the group editor. Make them transparent in the Material Room.