Made Genesis blue -- can't get material to change back to normal!

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi,

I changed the Genesis Basic Female figure to all blue because I wanted to be able to see poke-throughs easily while working with the cloth room. I did this by changing the material textures to all blue JPGs which I had made, for example V4LanaRRFaceM1_blue.jpg instead of V4LanaRRFaceM1.jpg. I worked great; however, now I can't get rid of the blue!

I switched back to the regular textures in the material room and the the preview looks normal but the render is still blue!. (See attached screen shots). I uninstalled and reinstalled Genesis Starter Essentials and restarted my machine too, but the render is still blue! I sure hope somebody can help me. Thanks.

P.S. I even deleted the blue files just to be sure and deleted a blue version of the character I had saved.

genesis_material.JPG
580 x 382 - 38K
genesis_face_blue.JPG
622 x 644 - 21K
genesis_face.JPG
713 x 598 - 27K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

The actual diffuse colour is set correctly, to white?

• edited December 1969

Hi Haseltine,

Yes, the diffuse color is set to white. I did manage to solve the problem though. Seems very strange, but I think the problem had something to do with the way the DSON importer works with the folder structure in the the Textures folder. I had the blue texture files in their own folder within the V4 folder: DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/Blue, and I think this Blue folder was somehow catching all the material references at render time. Last night I tried making a separate folder for the Lana files and sure enough, that broke the connection to the blue files. The renders came out OK, but it took longer to load the figure while the importer searched for the materials.

This morning I tried another experiment. I moved all the files, blue and Lana back to the V4 folder and deleted the separate folders. Now everything works OK. I can have either blue or regular figures. Go figure! -- sorry about the pun :-)

Zaffer

• almancarlaalmancarla Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

That's strange, I've never confronted with such problem and I hope I never will. However, thanks for taking time to share the solution with us, if this will ever happen to me, I'll know what to do.