Does Carrara read Blendshape information from BVH files?

ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!
Some programs can export a BVH containing reference to morphs/blendshapes (e.g. animation programs exporting expression morphs in addition to bone information). I was wondering if anybody here knows whether Carrara reads and interprets those correctly or if it just ignores them? I know that DAZ Studio, for example, ignores them. And if C can read those is there a preferred syntax in the BVH?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI ReDave,.

I've never seen a BVH with the ability to control anything other than bones.

if you have Blender, and a figure, then you could export a BVH and try it,. ..that's the best way to find out if it's possible.

Normally, BVH which is quite an old format,. only lists the Bone names and position / rotation data for those bones.
    You must have a figure which has the same Bone names as the BVH,. otherwise it won't apply correctly, or won't apply at all.

hope it helps

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I had never seen it myself before yesterday. It's from a program that seems aimed at Motion Builder (or 3DSM or Maya). It basically defines the joints in the usual way, then it makes a line
    JOINT blendshapes
    Something like this:
    HIERARCHY
    ROOT Origin
    {
    OFFSET 0 0 0
    CHANNELS 6 Xposition Yposition Zposition Zrotation Xrotation Yrotation
    JOINT Neck
    {
    }
    }
    JOINT Blendshapes
    {
    OFFSET 0 0 0
    JOINT EyeBlink_L
    {
    OFFSET 0 0 0
    End Site
    {
    OFFSET 0 0 1.000000
    }
    }
    JOINT EyeBlink_R
    {
    OFFSET 0 0 0
    End Site
    {
    OFFSET 0 0 1.000000
    }
    }

and ends the usual way with the bones and morphs values.No idea if it’s part of the specs. I’ll try the Blender idea, thanks.