Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stezza said:

Impressive!  Great entry.

Any issues getting that scarecrow into Carrara?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,807

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

thanks UB..

was a bit of work... I did it last year, for memory I loaded in DS conerted to blended weight and removed the timber then fitted to G3 then fitted to G2 and saved it out.. loaded into Carrara onto G2 no probs.. then had to adjust all the shaders as per usual. Was an interesting exercise at the time and I forgot about it till yesterday when I was looking for something totally different lol.. 

Thank you, Stezza.

I guess that you are using DS 4.15 (for the G8 stuff).  Any issues with Carrara?  I am still using 4.12, and as long as everything is working, I'm reluctant to update.

Nope.. using a version from 2013 

4.6 I think it is. 

OK, do you have the G8 starter essentials loaded?  DIM keeps prompting me to load 4.15 so I can then load G8.

Or, maybe the scarecrow doesn't require the starter essentials?

I think I do.. when I installed the latest version that was out about 12 months ago then which I removed pronto and reinstalled 4.6 again and just stayed with it, I don't take much notice of it to be honest. I have a total of about 3 things for G8 lol.. the scarecrow, a banana outfit ( which was free lol ) and something else that I haven't looked at.

I liked the scarecrow so got it just to experiment with to see if I could get it to work in Carrara.

This old version doesn't prompt me to update and I hide all the DS versions in DiM devil outta sight outta mind cool

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Wow. When I came back here, I started with the new facade. Been a long time, or has Stezza just been really busy... or both?

Okay, two pages to see still, but I have to comment now:

Love the facades! Really Really love the garden ornament dragon!!! Love it! 

Wow... whacky peanut from outer space? I'm in! Where do I buy my ticket?

Let's see, where was I? Oh... Yes, Stezza. You've shown us your awesome magic carpet. I'm really loving how you converted a car to a CAR! Sweet pun there!

I think I like your cars better though, even that one is really groovy!

Vax Pax! LOL

Poor bear looks Pissed!

Onto page 76

Final Lucifer? Was it good? I haven't seen that show in a very  l o n g  time. Perhaps I should... argh... doubt I'll have time.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

ready to play in an eighties synthwave band by looks devil

need the electronic drum set and boiler suits

I found it refreshing last year when I saw that Alesis still makes a keytar! :)

Damn, Stezza... you really go! That's awesome! 

Not only that, I love your artistic style. You call it whacky, and I love that. But it's some really cool stuff!

I also love your shader work and lighting. Gee Whiz, Stezza... you're the complete package, right down to amazing, beautiful renders! :)

Stezza said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

thanks UB..

was a bit of work... I did it last year, for memory I loaded in DS conerted to blended weight and removed the timber then fitted to G3 then fitted to G2 and saved it out.. loaded into Carrara onto G2 no probs.. then had to adjust all the shaders as per usual. Was an interesting exercise at the time and I forgot about it till yesterday when I was looking for something totally different lol.. 

Funny. That sounds a lot like the conversion stuff I've been mastering lately.

Just two days ago I finished making A3, H3, F3, M3, V3, Girl and David Clones for G3F. I still have to do M4 and V4, but that'll be simple. Then to do the same for G3M and then on to G2 F and M so that I have a round-robin conversion system. I can already get every figure lineup to Genesis 1, but I didn't have to make any of that.

I've also been making rig-pose dials under my own part of the morphing hierarchy so that I can tweak the heck out of motion data animations without touching a key frame. I still tweak the keys in the end, but these new tools really take a lot of the work out of it.

blush  yes

Stezza said:

I think I do.. when I installed the latest version that was out about 12 months ago then which I removed pronto and reinstalled 4.6 again and just stayed with it, I don't take much notice of it to be honest. I have a total of about 3 things for G8 lol.. the scarecrow, a banana outfit ( which was free lol ) and something else that I haven't looked at.

I liked the scarecrow so got it just to experiment with to see if I could get it to work in Carrara.

This old version doesn't prompt me to update and I hide all the DS versions in DiM devil outta sight outta mind cool

Thanks!   That gave me the courage to experiment a bit. :)

edited October 2021

sweet smiley

started this off with a cube as usual... a wacky morphing Thunderbird2

with a sliding pod and legs

Thunderbirds are GO!

TB2-2c.png
    640 x 480 - 174K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited October 2021

yep, I was sidetracked whilst modelling Thunderbird2

leaping lizards ......

Ranga a wacky red thingy surprise

Ranga.png
    640 x 480 - 150K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited October 2021

Ranga with 4 cubes.... 

Ranga 4Cubes.png
    640 x 480 - 676K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Very good.  I recall the reviewer pointing out that most 3D animal characters are symmetric, but Rango is not, e.g. the eyes.  Which also work independently, hilarious at times ...

wink

beam me up some wacky trekkie badges

just for fun... I guess these are all done for fun, but these I modelled from a poly line whilst watching the cricket

arghhh there's Klingons on the starboard bough! .... make it so.... smiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Polyline?  Is your cube broken?  Haha.  Another batch of excellent models, especially the expressive toon starship.  Bravo.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

If someone wants to continue this project, it’s available on my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29yn3l7r3ikkgu9/Train Avant v11.car?dl=0

Train Avant v11.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 86K
    edited October 2021

what were you modelling @dudu .... looks cool smiley

and  if Australia had a StarShip

it'd be a wacky StarShip Sydney

Starship Sydney.png
    640 x 480 - 178K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Man!!!  I wish I had Talent.  I'm totally amazed

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Stezza said:

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

it's Grand Final Weekend

Go the Rabbitohs

wow Gladys just r esigned so she can go the grand final

what do we do now at 11am each day!

and we lost the footy! sad

anyways... thought I'd model an icon from a bygone era....  only Aussies will know cool

ha ha that's a scream! I guess we can tune into ICACK

ProPose said:

I think Stezza works pretty hard as well as being talented!

edited October 2021

ProPose said:

thanks, but I really don't see myself as having any more talent than the next person.. surprise

today I was thinking when I was a kid ( I caught the train a real lot ) the StationMaster would exchange this staff thing with the train driver as it came into the station..

It was a heavy iron thing and never knew what it was for and never bothered to find out even though he let me hold it whenever I wanted and carry it into the office where he put it in this machine.

anyways.. I modelled it from what I could remember.. it was 50 years ago! far out!

wacky as

staff.png
    640 x 480 - 99K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Headwax said:

ProPose said:

I think Stezza works pretty hard as well as being talented!

ummmm... not really laugh 

Stezza said:

ProPose said:

thanks, but I really don't see myself as having any more talent than the next person.. surprise

today I was thinking when I was a kid ( I caught the train a real lot ) the StationMaster would exchange this staff thing with the train driver as it came into the station..

It was a heavy iron thing and never knew what it was for and never bothered to find out even though he let me hold it whenever I wanted and carry it into the office where he put it in this machine.

anyways.. I modelled it from what I could remember.. it was 50 years ago! far out!

wacky as

only fifty years?  :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,845
    edited October 2021

intriguing 

bet it punched a clock

the bus drivers had a metal rod but not that big they put into a clock and turned at certain points on their routes

it could be a token

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Token_(railway_signalling)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

it actually went into a big machine contraption.. apparently by exchanging the batons clears the train to the next railway station... or something like that.. enables points to be switched maybe..

anyways... that baton made me model a wacky staff ... Skeletor's staff and put it in a render for the PC+ render challenge.. waving the Carrara bag ( which I modelled the other day )

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,845

you can do Skeletor memes enlightened

if you read the Wikipedia link you will see the token staffs mentioned and photos some of the contraptions, it was to ensure head-on collisions did not occur between trains on single lines.

edited October 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you can do Skeletor memes enlightened

like this? laugh

3 minutes.jpg
    488 x 664 - 78K
    Post edited by Stezza on
This discussion has been closed.