Mud shaders?

One thing I've looked for lately is iray mud shaders...  and there don't seem to be any,  I think I came across one somewhere that was tire tracks in dried mud, or something like that, but I haven't seen anything constituting wet mud.

Comments

• I've been after some good one of these as well. was doing an image with a WW1 Tank and i couldnt find a good muddy ground shader to use.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited March 2018

nvm

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

There are dirt shaders

https://www.daz3d.com/a-touch-of-dirt-for-iray

But none that can create muddy tire tracks I'm aware of.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

...  I think I came across one somewhere that was tire tracks in dried mud, or something like that, but I haven't seen anything constituting wet mud.

That is probably Nerd3d's Footsteps Tool over at HW (wet mud,snow and sand).

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2018

There are dirt shaders

https://www.daz3d.com/a-touch-of-dirt-for-iray

But none that can create muddy tire tracks I'm aware of.

Well, I'm not really particularly interested in tire tracks, per sey, I was simply saying that the one set of mud shaders I did find was of tire tracks IN the mud, which wasn't what I was looking for.  Well, and also I found one or the other packages meant to apply mud stains onto a LIE layer of a character.  What I actually want to do was apply a seamless wet-mud shader onto, say, a blobby object and turn that object INTO a blob of wet mud.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

There's my OMS1; you could create procedurally generated blobs of mud or dirt.

• Actually, I got a specific, freebie, posable prop from ShareCG, the Versatile Tentacle Figure, that I wanted to apply a wet mud texture onto, and then for the next several months after that I wound up scouring the various Daz Studio content sites looking high and low for a wet-mud shader.  I COULD probably have simply grabbed a seamless/tileable mud texture from, say, CGTextures and applied it, but that one doesn't come with UV maps and whatnot.

• Oso3D said:

There's my OMS1; you could create procedurally generated blobs of mud or dirt.

Oso, what is this, a product you sell? I have a need to create really muddy shoes and boots, could it do that? I'm not as worried about the shader itself as I am about having reasonably convincing geometry for it, though perhaps with displacement it could be possible without the need for geometry...

• I eventually wound up getting the Body Fluids package from 'Rotica, and it came with a shader that provided what I wanted.