color picker issues

I have been trying to give my radial light a color... let's say red... in the light lab when I use the color picker and drag to ...let's say red... it displays dark gray... I have tried to give spot light color and all I get is dark gray... Is  there something checked that shouldn't be.   I just recently had this problem on my new laptop and a reinstall of Bryce 7.1 pro...

in fact... i just checked...on objects when i go in the materials lab... and use the color picker on the diffuse button is goes gray not the color i picked... any ideas?

Steve

Comments

• S RayS Ray Posts: 399

I hold the Shift/Ctrl/Alt keys to bring up the OS color picker when clicking any color option (anywhere in Bryce). Maybe try that.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

S Ray...  Yes this worked!  Thank you so much... I don't understand why this was an issue... and remains such , but with this work-around... Is this a Windows10 thing I wonder... but whatever thank you very much for your knowledgable suggestion...

Steve

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,114
    edited June 2020

_this An  Windows, _ XP and Vista also

_  just use Ctrl/Alt keys at the same time

_thanks_``~...

Post edited by ed3D on

_And ALT only

BRYC_COLUR_ALT only.png
    640 x 504 - 362K
    I'll check both of these out thanks
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    mtnmen said:

I have been trying to give my radial light a color... let's say red... in the light lab when I use the color picker and drag to ...let's say red... it displays dark gray... I have tried to give spot light color and all I get is dark gray... Is  there something checked that shouldn't be.   I just recently had this problem on my new laptop and a reinstall of Bryce 7.1 pro...

in fact... i just checked...on objects when i go in the materials lab... and use the color picker on the diffuse button is goes gray not the color i picked... any ideas?

Steve

Steve, look here.

Slepalex... I looked and I saw... I love these keyboard shortcuts and a way to work around with  a glitch in my Bryce install... I felt cripled and now I feel  I can run a marathon...Thank you

Steve

@mtnmen  ,_you're welcomes_``~...