DAZ 3D 4.6 To Carrarra 8.0.1.45

DeadCode3DeadCode3 Posts: 0
edited June 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi .. I have DAZ 4.6 , Carrarra 8.0.1.45 and i have some finished projects in daz and i want to open them in carrarra to render in it
but i don't know how to open them in carrarra ... i also have the same problem with poser pro 2012 i tried to export them in fbx and dea but still nothing the models came messy .. i know it's a beginner question but i just started using daz 2 days ago and don't know alot about it xD

--- Sorry For My English ---

Post edited by DeadCode3 on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859
    edited June 2013

studio not so easy but a Poser scene (pz3) opens in Carrara (except hair)
    and animated too!
    dynamic clothe sims need the dyntomorphs python script applied via import (see CarraraCafe) and use external binary morphs ebabled in preferences.
    if you use the C8.1 beta some .duf files work but not usually full scenes only figures in clothes with animation mostly.
    Genesis only works in C8.5
    other wise just reload it from scratch all from your Carrara content browser if it is in Poser format
    dsa not supported

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DeadCode3DeadCode3 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi .. I have DAZ 4.6 , Carrarra 8.0.1.45 and i have some finished projects in daz and i want to open them in carrarra to render in it
    but i don’t know how to open them in carrarra ... i also have the same problem with poser pro 2012 i tried to export them in fbx and dea but still nothing the models came messy .. i know it’s a beginner question but i just started using daz 2 days ago and don’t know alot about it xD

—- Sorry For My English—-

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

The beta of Carrara 8.5 (free in the Carrara forum) opens duf scenes, though. Duf is the fairly new default save format in DAZ Studio.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859
    edited June 2013

just added the beta info to my reply info as you were posting!
    (if that is what they wanted to know)
    but if just using Poser content not Genesis, he/she might not be aware Carrara 8.1 uses it from a runtime natively.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI DeadCode3

You can only load files from Daz Studio 4.6,. into the "Beta" version of Carrara 8.5

Carrara 8.1 will work with Poser format figures like Victoria 4, Michael 4 and previous Daz3D Figures, but not Genesis.

Poser 9, or 2012 needs the "DSON importer for Poser" installed, ..to use Genesis.

If you have Carrara 8. then you should also have the current beta version in your Account.
    that will open a Studio 4.6 scene, but the beta also allows you to load and use Genesis, from the browser in carrara.
    and it's still better to load the figure directly,. rather than export / import.

You can also save Poses,Characters, Materials as "presets" from Studio 4.6,. and Carrara will read those files.
    so you could load Genesis,. from the browser in Carrara,. then apply your Character, Pose, Material,... etc

The 8.5 beta has a "Smart content" tab as well as the standard Content tab, for poser type Runtime'a and DS's My Library folders.

Hope that makes sense

edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    The beta of Carrara 8.5 (free in the Carrara forum) opens duf scenes, though. Duf is the fairly new default save format in DAZ Studio.

Thanks For the advice .. but i installed Carrara 8 (64bit) v8.5.0.72 and can't find *.duf or *.daz n open file menu !!!!!

• staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

In Carrara, on the File menu, select Open.
    When the window shows, click-hold the down arrow on the "Files of Type" box and smove your mouse up the menu to the "DSF (.dsf, .duf)" selector.
    Then you should be able to navigate normally to your file.

These are Windows directions, so if you are a Mac'er, you'll have to extrapolate to work with that system as I have no clue how that works.

Good Luck.

edited June 2013

In Carrara, on the File menu, select Open.
    When the window shows, click-hold the down arrow on the "Files of Type" box and smove your mouse up the menu to the "DSF (.dsf, .duf)" selector.
    Then you should be able to navigate normally to your file.

These are Windows directions, so if you are a Mac'er, you'll have to extrapolate to work with that system as I have no clue how that works.

Good Luck.

Thanks For Replying ... But i still have the same problem as there isn't " *.duf " or " *.daz "in file types > Here is an image

Post edited by DeadCode3 on
  • staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited June 2013

Very strange. Mine looks like this picture.

What version are you running?
    I am running 8.5 Pro Build 172 (64 bit)
    There may be version differences going on here.

Dwm_2013-06-11_22-32-46-09.png
    1440 x 900 - 324K
    Post edited by static on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't have Poser 2012, but carrara should open Poser scenes in Poser format. You shouldn't have to use DAE or FBX; which carrara screws up on import.
    And of coarse 3DAGE is right carrara wont open the old studio format and only C8.5 can use the DUF from studio 4.

But you can always reassemble the scene right in carrara from you studio content folder or poser runtime.

Note. One of the things I have had fun with is running studio dynamic cloths animations then sending them to carrara 8.5 as DUF. Almost makes up for carrara not having a working dynamic cloth system.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Stan :)

From Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012,. onward,. Smith Micro have adopted a different weight mapping system,.
    So, the "new" Poser figures for that version, will have issues when they're loaded into Carrara,. or anything else that's not Poser.

Older versions of Poser don't support the new Poser weight mapping system. .. or Genesis,. without the DSON Importer.

Carrara 8.5 (beta) doesn't need a DSON importer plugin,.. because the beta has been redesigned to work with Genesis.

Older figures (with the older weight mapping) still work in Poser, Daz Studio, and Carrara.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited December 1969

Merged duplicate threads. If you wish the whole thread moved to the Carrara Discussion forum please ask a mod to move it, by posting here or by using the report button.