Daz embrace Riversoft Art + somebody else and....pose Fits

I suggest Daz do an official comission to Riversoft Art (Who does all the blending products) to create an official Fit To, but for poses.

Since pose conversion is all done with scripts, it should be possible to make a Fit To but works off of poses. So when I put a character, say a G8, in a pose from V4....

It *should ask about either the source or destination pose.

Right on the spot ask, if there's no automatic way to tell.

Then I pick the appropiate option. And then the needed scripts are run.

So, if it detects an old V4 pose set, it converts through all the steps until it reaches the final version to match my currently selected character.

The script could do things like first, Reset to Zero and then start the pose conversion......

Little things for all the manual fixes we usually do after.

I might be answering what character my main figure is based on....if the add-on can already tell what pose-generation from the selected Pose in the Smart Content.

And the script might then only ask....Place Gen 8 figure in V4 Female pose? And I click yes and watch it work.

It could have settings like- pause between steps...Or even save new pose as a pose preset.

----------

I would like this to be a licensed product or comission and not a product in the store.

I'd like to see this functionality in an update.

Id there's a Daz Original Artist that can program the actual updates, it could be a collaboration since River Soft is clever with the scripts.

If there's someone else that does pose conversions, maybe that vendor is also in the mix as needed.

-------------

Before I get sidetracked, I'm talking about more than two pose products being run, one after the other, I'm talking about an INTEGRATED SOLUTION

with additional options, like stopping along the chain and making adjustments. This would require some blending and not just a straight port.

With straight ports, there's still the concern of finding poses and pose libraries. And even navigating to a product.

This elegant solution should feel like every other Daz modifying option. Seamless and fairly straight forward.

Select character, pick pose. Tweak after.

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Interesting. I gotta read the manual to see how this works.

I'd ask a bunch of questions, but I'll check it out first.

Thanks for this,,,,

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

rsg is very clever.

Thanks for the links and awesome that there was even an included link to adding Daz Metadaa.

But this is the part...

Before I get sidetracked, I'm talking about more than two pose products being run, one after the other, I'm talking about an INTEGRATED SOLUTION

I should have made that more clear.

That's the kicker. I don't want any more scripts. I want a scripted-functionality. Or a new internal, Daz-studio-Powered solution.

I do not want to navigae to any scripts folder. Like the same way you don't "look up" the wear them all funtionaility.
    once installed, it becomes part of Daz Studio. A plug-in might be the more appropiate term.

You just do something (like apply a pose) and the *magic happens behind the scenes.

If I dig into the window pane THEN I see the nuts and bolts.

I have a series of scripts that do everything at this point.

That's the kicker. I don't want any more scripts. I want a scripted-functionality. Or a new internal, Daz-studio-Powered solution.

I do not want to navigae to any scripts folder.

Well, that's unlikely to ever happen because poses don't contain data on what figure they are for. So this would have to get you a popup every single time you loaded any pose, even if it was for the figure you're using.

You just do something (like apply a pose) and the *magic happens behind the scenes.

This one is legitimately impossible for the same reason, poses don't contain figure data.

• I do not want to navigae to any scripts folder. Like the same way you don't "look up" the wear them all funtionaility.

once installed, it becomes part of Daz Studio. A plug-in might be the more appropiate term.

If I dig into the window pane THEN I see the nuts and bolts.

I have a series of scripts that do everything at this point.

Right-click on the script in a content pane and select Create Custom Action - that will create the Scripts top-level menu, if it doesn't already exist, and add the selected script to it. You can use Window>Workspace>Customise to add custom actions (from the top of the left hand column) to menus or tool bars (tabs on the right) by drag-and-drop.

edited March 2018

It should get the info off the figure that's selected, the same way the content filters work, Daz knows what Gen figure is selected.

But, you're saying the pose sets themselves contain no figure data?

I don't see how that's possible if the pose figure scripts convert from one generation to another.

It HAS to know what it's converting FROM.

[scratches head]

---------------------

Drag from where to where?

I have a custom action for LOOK AT ME where, under the scripts menu, there's a list of my favorite scripts....

You mean where it is or the TOOL BAR area?

Capture_Scripts_Menu.jpg
    1383 x 295 - 180K
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on
  • In Window>Workspace>Customise - the actions are in the list at the top of the elft-hand column, the menus and tools bars are in tab in the right-hand-column. Drag-and-drop between columns.

edited March 2018

But, you're saying the pose sets themselves contain no figure data?

I don't see how that's possible if the pose figure scripts convert from one generation to another.

It doesn't know. You choose the script based on what generation you're converting from. There is no pose script that converts "any generation pose" to a figure.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • But, you're saying the pose sets themselves contain no figure data?

It doesn't know. You choose the script based on what generation you're converting from. There is no pose script that converts "any generation pose" to a figure.

And technically, the scripts just know how to manipulate the bone positions, and what bones should be in each.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

pose sets themselves contain no figure data?

Poses per se, no, but metadata does.

That's the reason metadata is so important.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

It's the reason that when you have a G2 figure in the scene and double-click a V4 or M4 pose from your library, the character gets posed without additional scripts.

I wish it was that easy for G8...