Opening dsb files

edited December 1969 in New Users

Dear all

I am new to Dax Studio Pro. I Recently bought a T-rex model and installed it, and when I open Daz I can see the model in the Content Library under Products > T.

There are two products, the four variations of the model (listed as Tyrannosaurus StudioCF), and 19 poses (Tyrannosaurus).

How do I load the model in Daz ? Nothing seems to work. If I double-click one of the models, or right-click and select Load, I just get a message saying that this requires an item in the scene to be selected. But if I select the default human figure that comes up and then try again, nothing happens.

Surely this should be more intuitive? When I bought the model there were no instructions on how to load it once installed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

magarlick said:
    Dear all

I am new to Dax Studio Pro. I Recently bought a T-rex model and installed it, and when I open Daz I can see the model in the Content Library under Products > T.

There are two products, the four variations of the model (listed as Tyrannosaurus StudioCF), and 19 poses (Tyrannosaurus).

How do I load the model in Daz ? Nothing seems to work. If I double-click one of the models, or right-click and select Load, I just get a message saying that this requires an item in the scene to be selected. But if I select the default human figure that comes up and then try again, nothing happens.

Surely this should be more intuitive? When I bought the model there were no instructions on how to load it once installed.

Thanks.

The problem you mentioned is one we've seen before many times. It's possible you're trying to apply the material preset rather than add the T-Rex character to the scene. Daz will want you to select the figure in order to apply the materials, which is why would be getting an error.

A screenshot of your content library would help solve this. You can attach images to your posts.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on