Solved problem opening PP2012 DSON scenes in PP2014

WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
edited June 2013 in Poser Discussion

I was unable to successfully open scenes containing DSON models saved in PP2012 on PP2014. It turns out that the DSON importer saves geometry information in the Poser Content runtime folder; since I hadn’t added the PP2012 Content Runtime to my PP2014 library, it couldn’t find these files. The solution was to copy the DSON folder of the PP2012 runtime over to the PP2014 Content runtime.

In the long term I think I will move it to my DAZ content runtime where I have the Starter Essentials and Genesis content installed and change the path in the Importer preferences…..

Post edited by WandW on

Comments

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    I was unable to successfully open scenes containing DSON models saved in PP2012 on PP2014. It turns out that the DSON importer saves geometry information in the Poser Content runtime folder; since I hadn’t added the PP2012 Content Runtime to my PP2014 library, it couldn’t find these files. The solution was to copy the DSON folder of the PP2012 runtime over to the PP2012 Content runtime.

In the long term I think I will move it to my DAZ content runtime where I have the Starter Essentials and Genesis content installed and change the path in the Importer preferences…..

You mean copy it over to the PP2014 folder I think hey.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

Indeed! Thanx, Esther... :)