XYZ....?

Can anyone tell me why this is happening please...?

when I select points or a vertices etc the XYZ manipulators are not at right angles to the selection (see attached) which means I cannot drag solely in the x y or z directions

This has only just started happening and I dont know why (am guessing I must have clicked some setting or something perhaps?)

screencap1.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 509K

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Change the "Working Planes" setting to "World" (see attached image).

The following is from the Manual (not written very clearly. I think the manual was originally written in French then translated to English):

"The working plane can be defined for the manipulators in the conext menu located on the current manipulator:

* World: According to the working planes defined globally in the program, e.g.: the three absolute planes XYZ, the camera plane or the specific plane.

* Selection: The working axis snaps to the internal orientation of the selected element (the geometric normal of the face or edge selected).

* Bbox: The working axis of the manipulator follows the orientation of the ob- ject’s bounding box. If the object is rotated, the axis lets you scale or move it using its own axis. "

working_planes_setting.png
    1280 x 1024 - 306K
  • HarbadixHarbadix Posts: 126

yep that did it, thanks de3an, I knew it must of been something simple like that. Much appreciated