HD Add-On

DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 190
edited March 2018 in Product Suggestions

[HD Add-On] For the Genesis 8 Base Figure. There seems to be one for every other figure. Why not the base? Most of the things I do are off the base, with perhaps a mix of others. Or am I missing something in that I can use HD morphs from other figs on the base figure to enhance detail? I scarcely know everything about the software to be sure.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• I have recently been informed that you can use the HD morphs on any figure of the same generation/gender, but to remove the normal/bump maps if things start to look weird.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

[HD Add-On] For the Genesis 8 Base Figure. There seems to be one for every other figure. Why not the base? Most of the things I do are off the base, with perhaps a mix of others. Or am I missing something in that I can use HD morphs from other figs on the base figure to enhance detail? I scarcely know everything about the software to be sure.

Bacuse it is the base and not a figure. The figures are made based off of the base. Would be odd to do HD morphs on a figure with generic detail. You can use the HD addons for the figures without the actual figures to add more detail to the base.

Seems like what you are asking for is a HD detail morph to add generic details to any figure used with the base.

• DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 190

Thanks for the input. I like zombietaggerung's answer better. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I have lots of figures, but I have a propensity to use just the G8 and modify it using a variety of morphs until I achieve the look I want - typically that of a person I'm familiar with (which is why I will often use FaceGen as a starting point as I've had some friends pose for me.).

What I was interested in was the capacity to have the HD morphology or topology (whatever you might care to call it.) useable on figures that were essentially G8, however modified.

I use morph packs, but I don't generally do figure mixing when I'm trying to achieve a particular look as I've never found it to be useful. The HD can add versimilitude to a figure quite often, other times I really don't see any difference. I just wish Daz would bake them into the core figure instead of making it only accessible to PAs only, but that might have an effect on their revenue stream. 

I'll test out the HD on some of my G8 to see how it goes. Should it work out I guess Daz might just get some more $$$ out of me as I suspect the details between figures could be significant, especially between say Charlotte and Stephanie.

• I actually prefer using PA created add on HD morphs, as in many cases the HD for the DAZ Original figures isn't significantly different from what you can get with the default material presets applied.