"Regular" cars and vehicles

The sportscars on the site are wonderful, but we seem to be missing "normal" cars and vans and the like. Something like Honda Accords, Toyota Camry's, modern minivans, that sort of thing. I'd love to see some Civics, Priuses, and the like, or cars in that vein for everyday modern life scenes.

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Definitely need some 4-door 90s cars, too.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

And a taxi with detailed interior would be nice. There are some taxis available, but inside they're just plain sedans (or have police car interiors). Things like a fare meter, radio, driver partition, ID card, and the like.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I would actually love a well crafted hooptie with paint damage, cracked windshiled, some dents but held together with love.

• The sportscars on the site are wonderful, but we seem to be missing "normal" cars and vans and the like. Something like Honda Accords, Toyota Camry's, modern minivans, that sort of thing. I'd love to see some Civics, Priuses, and the like, or cars in that vein for everyday modern life scenes.

Thanks for listening!

Absolutely. Some with some age to them (rust, dents, scratches, missing hubcaps, etc) Would be great too. Also we could use some trucks as well: fire, cement, dump, liquid, pump etc. 

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

https://www.daz3d.com/fire-truck is currently on sale.

• edited March 2018
    Oh ... and tow trucks (heavy duty - the kind used for big rigs and the two types used for regular cars & trucks). And maybe even an auto carrier ( aka a rolling parking lot). Actually, a lot of trucks share the same body and frame. So, if a box truck was made - removing the box and adding the rollback components would make it a tow truck.
    Post edited by katherinepoche_e11a5b0e7e on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

...and maybe some cars from other parts of the world, too.

I want a very well crafted 3D version of a Yugo with rust spots and a marred paint job with the front right fender a different color because it came from the junkyard. The upholstery needs to have holes in it along with a beaded seat cover. :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961

The trick is that car companies are zealous about IP, so you need to make vehicles that look a bit like regular cars... but are not specifically identifiable as a real car.

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

There are quite a few cars available from various freebie sites.  Including international and commercial vehicles.  You may have to import and rig them if you want doors to open and wheels to turn, but the modelling and texturing are usually pretty good:  http://www.dmi-3d.net/

Oso3D said:

The trick is that car companies are zealous about IP, so you need to make vehicles that look a bit like regular cars... but are not specifically identifiable as a real car.

Well then...I want a very well crafted 3D version of a HUGO with rust spots and a marred paint job with the front right fender a different color because it came from the junkyard. The upholstery needs to have holes in it along with a beaded seat cover. :)

There,,,,avoided the dread Yugoslavian legal team. They won Bronze in the Men's Downhill Damages Litigation this year

How much would it cost to commision a hooptie?