Cannot get Daz3D to run on my computer

eallen18eallen18 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am having a problem running Daz3D on my new computer. I have a Gateway 550GR running Microsoft Windows 7. When I click on the Daz3D icon it looks like it is going to load but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,395
    edited December 1969

Do you know what video card/chipset you have?

• eallen18eallen18 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The video card that I purchased is the MSI GEForce GT 430, 2GB DDR3, Directx 11, HDMI+DVI_I. That is off the box that it came in. My apologies if that is not information you wanted.

edited December 1969

Go to the nVidia site and try getting the latest driver - it may not help, but your issue does sound like a video problem and the 430 is close to what I use so it should certainly be adequate. One thing to watch, though, is that some nVidia drivers use a clever trick to switch the card in use (in case you have a processor with built-in video and a stand-alone card) and that can fail to work.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Windows or Mac?
    If WIndows, what is the DAZ Studio process size in Task Manager? If it stays very small, some file may be corrupt, redownloading in a different browser may fix it.
    Is the ContentManagement Service running? Some antiviruses may try to block it.

• eallen18eallen18 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can turn off the anti-virus software to see if that is the problem. I believe that the system came equipped with on-board video. I bought the new video card because of Daz3D. I will see if the on-board video can be turned off somehow.

I will be sure to post how things go with those two suggestions.

thanks, I really appreciate it.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Let us know how it goes :) How much RAM do you have?

I've found on-board video to be unsatisfactory even for browsing; when I upgraded my backup PC it didn't even display Opera properly till I put in a video card :P XD

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

It will be using whatever video your monitor is plugged in to. If it's plugged into the card, then it's using the card.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

If by chance you have Constant Guard by Norton... check the blocked programs list... for me it added the new version of Daz Studio 4.6 to its blocked programs (I think because it was too new for them) and it behaved like you describe... it starts to load, the flash screen comes up for awhile, then it would disappear. When I finally remembered my Constant Guard password I was able to find the blocked program list and unblock Daz Studio which fixed my problem.

edited December 1969

This is talking about installers rather than the application, but it may be related to your issue http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/322638/