How to Install Daz3D Content into Poser Pro 2014

Phantom StudiosPhantom Studios Posts: 203
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

If anyone can help, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

I just got Poser Pro 2014. It runs great! I have Windows 7 64 Bit on an Acer Laptop, AMD Turion64, 1GB Ram with a Radeon Express 1100. It runs fine even though this laptop has aged. I keep it well maintained.

The reason I wanted Poser Pro 2014 so much was the new features. I downloaded the Daz3D Michael 4 Ultra Bundle from Daz3D. I zipped the file with JZip. I used the Install from Zip Archive Tab in Poser Pro 2014. It said it installed successfully. I went to the Downloads section in the Library and hit refresh. None of the content showed up?

I then tried a 2nd method by following this tutorial by Smith Micro
https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2257/~/installing-daz-content-into-poser-for-windows

When I had Poser Pro 2012 this method worked great. But using this method is not working for me in Poser Pro 2014? I even copied the steps I took in 2012 to 2014 and I am totally at wits end trying to figure this out??? I'm stuck! Someone please help! Thank you!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure there isn't an extra folder named "Content" between the folder Poser has listed as containing the Runtime folder and the actual Runtime folder.

• Phantom StudiosPhantom Studios Posts: 203
    edited December 1969

I'll give that a whirl, if it doesn't work.............................................. I'll be back! :)
    Thanks

edited December 1969

It didn't work, I get a dependency error.

According to that tutorial I mentioned it said to create a folder outside of the Poser Content with the name DAZ and create its own Runtime Folder and the Poser.exe dummy file goes into the Runtime Folder. That's what I did in Poser Pro 2012 and it had worked. It's not working in 2014.

I named the folder !DAZ and created a Runtime folder and put the dummy file Poser.exe inside the Runtime folder. I told the Application to install in this directory and I keep getting Dependency Error. I've tried naming the folder a few ways. I even tried creating this folder in the regular Poser Pro 2014 Folder and the Poser Pro 2014 Content Folder. I'm getting aggravated!

edited December 1969

Okay, are you trying to install using installers or zip files? If you're using installers, make sure you install Michael 4 Base first. I'd also advise against using !DAZ as the folder name -- not sure if Poser will get confused by that. Alternatively, use the Install Manager and it will handle most of that stuff.

edited December 1969

Oh, and if you're using the dummy Poser.exe trick it needs to be OUTSIDE of the Runtime folder, in the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder.

edited December 1969

Oh, and if you're using the dummy Poser.exe trick it needs to be OUTSIDE of the Runtime folder, in the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder.

You totally confused me with that! lol

What folder does the Poser.exe file go into then? Then it doesn't go into the created runtime folder I created in the !DAZ folder?

edited December 1969

Also, how come the Install Zip from Archive Tab in the Content Room said it installed successfully but it didn't show up in the downloads folder. I even refreshed it. I first installed Michael 4 Base that way. It said it installed successfully but it isn't there. That's why I am trying this method.

edited December 1969

You totally confused me with that! lol

What folder does the Poser.exe file go into then? Then it doesn't go into the created runtime folder I created in the !DAZ folder?

No, the poser.exe needs to be outside the Runtime folder, in the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder.

edited December 1969

I finally got it to install!!!

I created a folder called Extra Poser and created a Runtime Folder in my Extra Poser then put the dummy Poser.exe file outside of the Runtime Folder. That worked!

My next question is, it shows up in my library as another Runtime folder. I would like to keep my files clean and organized. I notice if I change the folder name of the Runtime to Michael 4 the content then disappears. Is there a way I can change the name of the folder or create a folder and drag that runtime of my Michael content into the new created folder?

edited December 1969

If you want to rename that folder, just go into Poser and add the new location.