How to organize add on content?

Phantom StudiosPhantom Studios Posts: 203
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Organizing content?

I finally got my content to install properly into Poser Pro 2014. I used the manual install with the Poser.exe dummy file trick to install my content. When I add my extra content from the Add A Library Tab it shows up as another Runtime folder. I would like to organize my files. Instead of having hundreds of runtimes installed what is the best way to get your content organized? Before I install anything else I would like to find a way to keep my files clean and organized.

Also, is there an external or 3rd party program to help you with the organizing of your files? What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Dimension 3D's Poser File Organizer 3
    You will have to sort each product individually then transfer it to your "Runtime" (singular) correcting all the reference errors along the way.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Organizing content?

I finally got my content to install properly into Poser Pro 2014. I used the manual install with the Poser.exe dummy file trick to install my content. When I add my extra content from the Add A Library Tab it shows up as another Runtime folder. I would like to organize my files. Instead of having hundreds of runtimes installed what is the best way to get your content organized? Before I install anything else I would like to find a way to keep my files clean and organized.

Also, is there an external or 3rd party program to help you with the organizing of your files? What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

What is this 'dummy file trick' of which you speak? I am in the process of installing my previous Poser tree to 2014.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Organizing content?

Thanks in advance!

What is this 'dummy file trick' of which you speak? I am in the process of installing my previous Poser tree to 2014.

The old installers for the 4th Gen figures were made in the Poser 6 era, which needed them to be installed in the internal runtime, so if you choose Poser as the target application it won't let you install unless it sees Poser.exe in the folder you're installing to. The bug was fixed in Poser 7 SR3, but the installers are still the old ones. To get around this, either (a) select DS as the target application (it installs the same files, but skips the check for poser.exe), (b) create a dummy file named poser.exe in the install location, (c) install with DIM, or (d) manually extract the DIM zip versions and manually initialize afterwards.