I want to save morph settings for M4 in DS3, so I can use them in DS4. How do I do this?

AethyrAethyr Posts: 93
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me out with a little problem I'm having. I used DS3 a fair bit before Studio 4 supported very much, and I have some characters (based on M4) that I spent a lot of time customising by tweaking the morph dials. I'd like to reuse these characters in DS4, but I don't know how to save their shapes so they can be loaded again. It'd be a real pain to have to set them up from scratch each and every time, but I can't seem to find much (if any) information on how to do this, or if I need additional software to do so.

It would also be helpful if they could be saved in a format that can be read by Poser as well, though this is not essential.

Any help is very much appreciated :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited December 1969

For DS, just save a Character preset - optionally, in the setting dialogue, exclude materials to leave just the morphs. For Poser you need the free Poser Format Exporter script though you will have to fiddle a bit to save morphs and not the poses (it will be a Mor pose, setting the dials, rather than an Inj pose, loading the morph data and setting the dials, as far as Poser use is concerned).