• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

in other news

The Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Queensland tomorrow will be held at

Carrara Stadium

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    Stezza said:

in other news

The Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Queensland tomorrow will be held at

Carrara Stadium

when I first discovered Carrara I thought about the Gold Coast suburb not the Italian city and wondered about the name > <

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Prince of Persia was a time warp movie 

do you see a bad guy or a princess in this ?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited April 2018
    Selina said:
    PhilW said:

There is a very nice Time Machine model by London224 which is based on the classic HG Wells film (2002 version). I'd give a link but it is at the other place.

Is this a pun on the machine being at 'the other' place in time and space or are we not allowed to mention competitor's web spaces???

One thing that didn't ring true with the film was the fact that the machine was supposed to occupy the same space, but a different time. This couldn't be for the earth rotates upon its axis and follows a path around the sun, which in turn follows a path around the centre of our galaxy, which in turn follows it's own path in the ever expanding universe... THEREFORE, if the machine had stayed in the same space, but a different time it would be miles from earth in a fraction of a second and the poor occupant somewhat dead!

..just a thought !

Selina  cheeky

I don't think you can mention other 3D sites without incurring the wrath of the mods!

All of space and time is relative - I think that having the same location relative to the Earth is a small issue compared to the concept of time travel itself! After all, I do it all the time (remain in the same position relative to the Earth I mean, not travel in time, I haven't mastered that yet...)

Post edited by PhilW on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I can travel in time

forward

s l o w l y

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    Mistara said:

Prince of Persia would be a fun choice.  Lots of action, lots of caustics, lots of sand!  Go for it.

Hmmm, do I see a bad guy or a princess?  

How about Jack Nicholson as caretaker talking to the guy who worked at the resort decades before?  Is that a form of time travel?

Redrum!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I travelled in time last Sunday morning... by an hour cool  laugh

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

spock met himself smiley

alternate reality time travel

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited April 2018
    Diomede said:
    Mistara said:

Prince of Persia would be a fun choice.  Lots of action, lots of caustics, lots of sand!  Go for it.

How about Jack Nicholson as caretaker talking to the guy who worked at the resort decades before?  Is that a form of time travel?

Redrum!

"Here's Johnny !"

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    th3Digit said:

I can travel in time

forward

s l o w l y

ha ha me too :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Was looking at the latest rebranding for Dr Who, and the Season 12 poster. I think they've done an awesome job.

If that's not worth a thousand words, I don't know what is!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited April 2018
    Bunyip02 said:
    Diomede said:
    Mistara said:

Redrum!

"Here's Johnny !"

You have always been the best bartender.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Michael Sheen based his bartender in Passengers on the one in The Shining - if you haven't seen it, it's worth checking out.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Was looking at the latest rebranding for Dr Who, and the Season 12 poster. I think they've done an awesome job.

If that's not worth a thousand words, I don't know what is!

That's a great image.

I think I was one of the few people who didn't really like Capaldi as The Doctor, but I'm really looking forward to Jodie Whittaker.