Liquid Ice compatible with DS 4.6?

gyounggyoung Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Can anyone who owns this confirm if this set is compatible with DS 4.6? Have Liquid Halo and Liquid Fire which both work fine, but in this one only the Props and one item under Pose (V3_Leg_Texture) work. The rest (LI_Jacket, LI_Boots, LI Suit, etc) act like they're loading but nothing appears. Using with V3 SAE. Purchased this last Friday, have a message into support, no word yet, am hoping someone here can clue me in. (Have also tried this in Poser Pro 2014, has same exact problem, though LH and LF both work fine.)

Opening the pz2 files in a text editor, can see for example the location is written as -- :Runtime:textures:DzFire:LiquidIce:DZlq_boots.jpg -- while DS's actual folder is capitalized; tried changing it in the pz2 file but it had no effect. Would something like that normally trip up DS?

Realize this set is getting rather old, but I'd really like to get it work instead of asking for a refund. Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Liquid Ice is a texture set for Liquid Halo -- you need to load the corresponding item from Liquid Halo, select it, then apply the material preset from Liquid Ice.

• gyounggyoung Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Yes, that is exactly what I have been doing. Or are you saying I should be loading these textures through settings in the Surfaces tab instead of selecting individual items in the Parameters or Scene tabs and double clicking/merge into scene/drag and dropping the textures from the Content Library/Pose/DZLI tab?

For example the boots -- under Surfaces it has ten texture mappings, yet for Liquid Ice there is only one boot texture file -- applying that to the top level diffuse channel of the boot just changes the color, but not the shape of the boot, as seen in the pictures on the product page.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

I'm not having any problems with that set so far. Might try re-installing the files.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I've tried that a few times, first with DIM then with the exe installer. The installed files reported by DIM match the list in FileList_8476_2_dpc_LiquidIce_2.txt, all there in the right folders. The icons for each item show up in Content Library, applying them to the relevant Liquid Halo item just doesn't anything. It seems like an obj is missing to change the shape of those boots instead a texture -- unless I'm misunderstanding how to apply them!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

After the item is selected in the scene tab, go back to the content tab and find the preset for applying the text preset and apply it from there.

edited December 1969

Yes, have tried that -- in Scene tab, select LK_Boots expand it and go down to Left or Right Boot and go back to Content Library to apply the Liquid Ice Pose files -- does not change the boot or texture. DS acts like it is loading the Pose files, they just doesn't appear.

edited December 1969

Can you post a screen shot of what you are selecting and what you are applying please?

edited June 2013

Mattymanx said:
    Can you post a screen shot of what you are selecting and what you are applying please?

Okay here you go -- selecting LK_Boots either through Parameters or Scene tabs, then applying LI_Boots from Content Library -- either by double click, merge to scene or drag and drop. Parameters tab flashes like its updating, but nothing appears in the view port.

Applying the texture file (DZlq_boots.jpg) that the LI_Boots.pz2 file points to in the top level diffuse channel on Surfaces tab just changes
    the color of boot -- not the shape as seen in the Pose icon.

DZLI-diffuse.jpg
    801 x 492 - 97K
    DZLI-pose.jpg
    965 x 474 - 97K
    DZLI-scene.jpg
    281 x 465 - 28K
    DZLI-parameters.jpg
    264 x 248 - 19K
    Post edited by gyoung on
    edited December 1969

Those are the Liquid Knight boots, not the Liquid Halo boots. Liquid Fire is for both sets, Liquid Ice is only for Liquid Halo.

edited December 1969

You're right, it's clear I'm confusing both those sets. Thought I had Liquid Halo but no. Back to store... :blank:
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

edited December 1969

No problem, easy mistake. I'm sorry it took me so long to notice the discrepancy.

edited December 1969

Glad to see the issue is solved.

For the future, when applying mat presets, you only need to select the item and then apply the pose. There is no need to go into the surface tab as well since the mat file should apply to all surfaces on the model its intended for.