User object causes crash

jalton1366jalton1366 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I added 3 objects to the user objects section, now if I click on them, Bryce 7 pro crashes. Is there a way to remove the 3 objects, without having to delete all of the objects I have saved. (some of them took a long time to make.) Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Can you still load all the other objects from that .obp file without crashing? If so, maybe you could load them all one at a time and resave them to a new empty .obp file, then replace the old corrupted file with the new one. If you have a lot, it might be a pain to try to get all their icons the way you want and add titles and descriptions, but perhaps still worth it to save your work.

• jalton1366jalton1366 Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Can you still load all the other objects from that .obp file without crashing? If so, maybe you could load them all one at a time and resave them to a new empty .obp file, then replace the old corrupted file with the new one. If you have a lot, it might be a pain to try to get all their icons the way you want and add titles and descriptions, but perhaps still worth it to save your work.

Yes everything else loads but those three, I'll do what you have suggested and see if that works. Thanks for the help, I'll post back if it works.

(edited for mistype)

Post edited by jalton1366 on
  • jalton1366jalton1366 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sean, that worked, took a long time to do them all but its done now. Thanks again and much appreciation. :D

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,514
    edited December 1969

@jalton1366 - All library files (objects, materials, textures, skies) can only hold 2 GB. If you load more, the file gets corrupt. This was obviously not your problem, but it is good to know. Additionally, you can also export individual items from any library and import into another. Sean's method is the faster, though.