Octane 4 - Woot!!

Some awesome new features, including AI lighting and AI denoising (i.e. smoking fast renders). It looks like the Octane 4 upgrade will be free for Octane 3 users, but for anyone who doesn't have Octane yet, the new pricing structure is excellent (including a free version - which may include a couple plugins). If your OK with subscriptions, $20 a month for Octane plus the plugins isn't bad either. They are also going to include Brigade in Octane 4, their real time engine, and out of core geometry to go along with the current out of core textures (no more need for a lot of GPU ram for huge scenes).

The feature list can be seen here : https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=66013

Some impressive stuff in the video, the road map is really interesting ..... with the RNDR SDK at version 2018 (changing numbering scheme), there will be support for integrated graphics chips, AMD, and CPU rendering!!!

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

Glad I have Octane 3 (and OcDS) already as I really don't like subscriptio-based payments.  Not that I have uzed them a lot recently!

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    edited March 2018
    Looks like Octane 4 will be free for single PC, one user and 2 GPUs. Some of the plugins may be free, if not, the 20 $ per month subscription should include the Carrara plugin I guess... Probably still needs an nvidia gpu. The video includes some AMD, Intel and Mac demo, but that is for the later 2018.x versions
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited March 2018

That sounds pretty awesome!
    Just wondering if there is really a free upgrade or not as i upgraded once from V2 to V3 and didnt knew that i have to pay for the upgrade licence, so octane didn't worked (just as demo) until i've purchased the upgrade license.
    Don't like to go through this again as i have no option for online shopping right now (no credit card, no paypal and so).
    Oh, just wondering, will that be just the octane standalone or with carrara plugin?

Post edited by Chris Fox Art on