INJ/REM files and how to create them

sacredvalkyriesacredvalkyrie Posts: 15
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hello I have a few questions about INJ/REM inside of poser.

1. Technically INJ/REM allow a model to be injected with morphs. This can inject one or many morphs correct?

2. How can INJ/REM be created for use with a model such as victoria 4?

3. Is there any software for creating INJ/REM files?

4. Are there any tutorials to create these files by hand?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

An Inj pose can inject one or many pre-existing morphs (such as those in Morphs++) - is that what you are wanting to do? if so, the Injection Pose Builder product will work. If you want to make a newly modelled morph, made in a modelling application or with magnets, injectable then it gets a bit trickier - DAZ Studio can make the files needed for an ExP morph (one that uses a unique channel, created just for it) but using Poser only, or to use one of the predefined channels for morph expansions, I think you need to hand edit the files (and I don't have a link to the method).

• sacredvalkyriesacredvalkyrie Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

I appreciate your reply on the matter. I recently found snarlys python scene fixer script and used it. It seems to create INJ and the REM at the same time. It even allows you to select which FBM CC or PBMCC. However, would you happen to know if it matters what morph channel morphs are injected to? I used FBMCC 01 and it worked fine so is there a different in using FBMCC 01,02, or so forth?

edited December 1969

When you set a number the morph always uses that channel - if another morph was in that channel it will be replaced, and conversely if another morph is injected into that channels after yours yours will be replaced. There's a fair chance that 1 is the most used, it might be best to pick a random number and use that channel.

• sacredvalkyriesacredvalkyrie Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Ok I will try another channel. Also I have heard that depending on how inj morphs are created they may or may not be legal to redistribute. Can you tell me exactly makes them legal or not. Also do you know if snarlys scene fixer python script or injection pose builder creates them in a legal way to distribute?

edited December 1969

They are legal if they are all your own work, and not if they include parts of other morphs to which you don't have redistribution rights (for example if you set some of the Morphs ++ to get a base shape and then further sculpted that with other tools).