unable to select faces (or other) with one click

Two days ago Hexagon started acting differently, in that I am unable to with 1 click select a face or a line or a point.  I have to hold the shift and drag or double click and drag  to select a face...or lasso select ... I went into preferences and selected default and it still acts this way... Hmmm any ideas?

Comments

• There's probably a file that needs deleting so that Hexagon can create a new one when you run the program. Someone here might know the exact file for this version.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see if that rectifies the situation
  • MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226

Do you have Shadows on?  When shadows are on, you can not see that faces are selected, but they are selected. Turn off shadows and you'll be able to select faces as you normally would. 

Thanks... I'll try that first... Might have clicked an icon when I shouldn't... Like I haven't done that before...

NOPE it still is acting this way... I uninstalled and reinstalled and it STILL acts that way ... So if I want to select a face I now hold Shift and double click on the face a. there you go...  I can live with it... rather not but...

Are you selecting with Auto Select mode?  Or face slection mode? 

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 2.07.24 PM.png
    96 x 76 - 7K
    Face select... But be that as it may be... ... I'm going to try the latest General release of hexagon... and see how that goes

I uninstalled Hexagon and rebooted and reinstalled hexagon and the same situation exists... I wonder... is there some hexagon "stuff" still left behind... and if so is there a way to have a clean uninstall that removes all this offending stuff?

As far as I know, the preferences are shared or migrated. Make a video of what you are experiencing.  Open a ticket with support. 

• Uninstalling will not remove the hidden files that also need to be deleted.

How do i do a clean Uninstall?