SOLVED: Genesis 2 / Victoria 6 won't load in PoserPro 2012

JayRookJayRook Posts: 9

Hi...

I used the DIM to install the Victoria 6 Pro Bundle to both Studio 4.6 and PoserPro 2012.

V6 and all assets show up and load in Studio...

Neither Genesis 2 Female or VIctoria 6 load in PoserPro, though they are shown in the library.

When I load Genesis 2 Female, Poser appears to load it...but nothing shows in the main window, and although it shows "Genesis 2 Female" and the figure's associated morph dials, there are no values listed.

When I try to load Victoria 6 directly, Poser asks me to locate texture maps for "Rybelle". Once I point Poser to the maps, it loads the maps, but no figure. I can see the maps loaded in the Materials room, but there are no values on the morphs in the main window, and no figure is loaded.

Remembering that the original Genesis figures took a while to load the first time, I left the computer overnight to see if it would load Genesis 2 Female. Nothing. No result, no figure. (And it really shouldn't take overnight on a new MacBook Pro with 8GB or RAM anyway!)

I have uninstalled / reinstalled several times with no success.

I have checked the install locations and they seem to be what is required -- no different than Genesis 1, etc.

FYI, Genesis 1 figures, including the horse, load fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

More importantly, does anyone have a solution?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-20_at_10.33_.05_AM_.png
1103 x 686 - 317K
Screen_Shot_2013-06-20_at_10.32_.43_AM_.png
1120 x 642 - 205K
Post edited by JayRook on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have the DS content folder where you installed Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials and V6 added as a runtime in Poser? The PoserCF just has the Poser library files; the texture, geometries, etc are in the main zip.

• JayRookJayRook Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Do you have the DS content folder where you installed Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials and V6 added as a runtime in Poser? The PoserCF just has the Poser library files; the texture, geometries, etc are in the main zip.

Ack, I'd forgotten to do that!

And now she works...!

Cheers, thanks! :)

• jamesr said:

fixmypcmike said:

And now she works...!

Which did you forget to do? I'm having the same problem and I can't figure it out. I'm not sure if I have the right DS content folder or not

jamesr said:

fixmypcmike said:

And now she works...!

Which did you forget to do? I'm having the same problem and I can't figure it out. I'm not sure if I have the right DS content folder or not

Which figure are you having trouble with?  If it's Victoria 6, for example, you need to install "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials", "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials PoserCF", "Victoria 6", and "Victoria 6 PoserCF" installed to a content folder mapped as a Poser runtime.

• jamesr said:

fixmypcmike said:

And now she works...!

Which figure are you having trouble with?  If it's Victoria 6, for example, you need to install "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials", "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials PoserCF", "Victoria 6", and "Victoria 6 PoserCF" installed to a content folder mapped as a Poser runtime.

It is Victoria 6 actually, I'm still fairly new to this, but I'm pretty sure I have that done. When you say mapped as a Poser runtime, do you mean selected as one of the directories to call from in Poser?

Yes, one of the directories that appear in the Library.

• I'm pretty sure I have that done. I'm sorry for my inexperience, I'm definitely still learning. It can be either library right? Poser or Daz? Just as long as its set to come up in Poser?

Yes, you can have multiple library folders in both DS and Poser.  Where do you have them installed?

• I have most everything in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser 11 Content\Runtime or C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library. I'm actually searching my HD for the PoserCF file but it hasn't seem to come up yet. Would I have to get that somewhere other than the V6 bundle?

It will be in the V6 bundle.  Are you installing using Daz Install Manager or manually?

• Manually

Does Victoria 6 show up in Poser under Figures > DAZ People?

• Yes, she does. I click on her and it does the action like its loading, but it just says "locate Rybelle_lashes.jpg". I found the CF file, Everything is in the same folderbut still no results.

That file is in the main Victoria 6 zip and should end up in path C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\DAZ\Characters\Genesis2\Victoria6\

• I've found the file, it was one of the first things I attempted, but it does nothing when opening it in the dialog that asks for it.

Where was it actually located?

• I'm not sure actually, I started pasting it into a bunch of different folders hoping it might fix the problem. I just looked and it actually wasn't in the folder you said.

• I put it in that folder, It doesn't ask for the lashes anymore, but she still doesn't appear

What folder was it in before?

• I tried to get a Genesis 2 female in there too just to check, and she won't got either, if that helps narrow it down a bit.

•  

What folder was it in before?

I'm not sure where it originated from, I just searched for it out of the many folders I pasted it into and copied it from there.

Can you find "FBMVictoria6Body.dsf"?  It should be in ...\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Victoria 6

• It seems I don't have that folder, It only has C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base

• I've found it elsewhere.

• But it was for a hair

• I was able to get a Gen2 female in, but still not V6

Did you install "IM00016281-01_Victoria6.zip"?  You have the texture files it, so the geometry data is probably somewhere.  If we can figure out where that zip was installed, we can put it in the right place.

• It was an .exe file. I still have it so, I can install to whereever I need it to go.

It's not available as an .exe, AFAIK.

• are there any geometry files I could search my HD for?