Tutorials for modelling creatures with rigging

Been wanting to model a poseable creature in Hexagon for ages.  There's a product just released that teaches this but it's for Blender.  Wondering if one exists for Hexagon?

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

There is no rigging in Hexagon. (Rigging is the skeleton that allows a figure to be posed.)

You could certainly create your creature in Hexagon, but you would need to export it to something like Daz Studio or Carrara (or Blender) to add the rigging.

Blender and Carrara both have modeling and rigging capabilities, so you can both create and rig without leaving the application.

Daz Studio has no sophisticated modeler, so it needs a companion modeler such as Hexagon.

You would need to find tutorials covering the various aspects of modeling and rigging for the software that you end up choosing to use. The basic principles of modeling are fairly universal, but I think rigging can be quite different depending on which application you're using.

• NathuadoNathuado Posts: 55

Thanks for that de3an.  One step closer.  I wouldn't mind the modelling in Hexagon and adding the rigging in Daz Studio option, (since I'm already at home with these).  Just have to find some good tutorials now.  Cheers.

• I'm just starting down this road myself, I made a chain link in Hexagon and created a chain and rigged it in Daz. Following this tutorial for the rigging.

Chain_Poseable01.png
    486 x 800 - 74K
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839
    Learn the tools in Hexagon. The rest is universal. It does not matter what program you model in as long as you know how to model in that program. The requirements in a model to allow it to be rigged do not depend on the modeling program (as long as it fulfills a number of very general requirements) but on the program the model is being rigged in.
  • Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471

Nathuado .

Maybe this video can be of some help to you. It is for Carrara, but the general principles are probably good for all programs.  Cripeman died recently.

Cripeman's, "Intro to Bones"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZlzko6nD8