Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials: something very important missing!...

Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

... and that's a matching .dmc file for Lip Sync.
I just downloaded the new Genesis 2 Female Base figure and fiddeled around with it a bit. Looks very nice so far. But when I tried Lip Sync, Gen 2's lips aren't synched at all.
From a customers perspective I assume that new content for a software should have to work with ALL basic features of that given software out-of-the-box. And have been tested to death against that softwares basic features before it got realeased. Even if it's free content. Okay, that's some brand new content in that case, and there are times when someone overlooks something. But that's something that really shoudn't happen.

Another thing that bothers me, since we're just on topic: aniBlocks.
It just doesn't make very much sense (in my opinion) to pack up things together as basic content that's either outdated or doesn't work well together... or even not at all (f.e. the several "v4-blink", "BrowSqueeze", *whatever* aniBlocks).

Like the basic Genesis figure and the aniBlocks created for Victoria and Michael 4. It couldn't be THAT hard for a professional to find out the differences between their skeletons' values and adjust them that they will match better. Since Genesis is DAZ's new "workhorse" for some time now, I'd expect that basic content should work together properly. Again, that's from a customers perspective.

Comments

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited June 2013

I agree! I own quite a lot of the aniblock products and it really is annoying that they haven't been updated for genesis. There is a feet/walking fix and most of the aniblocks seem to work ok but an official update would be appreciated for all of us who have been supporting these products over the years.

The V6 lip sync issue should be resolved asap as well. Problems like this can hold up integrating new releases into our creations which is a pita after investing in these products only to find they don't work properly.

I notice that dynamic clothing for M4 is in Fast Grab - I've got a load of dynamic clothing that can't be used with genesis. It just reminds me that there is no continuity or longevity with some of these products but you don't find that out until after spending lots of cash on them only to find they aren't updated or there isn't a transfer utility for the next gen models - what a waste!

Post edited by Superdog on
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    I agree! I own quite a lot of the aniblock products and it really is annoying that they haven't been updated for genesis. There is a feet/walking fix and most of the aniblocks seem to work ok but an official update would be appreciated for all of us who have been supporting these products over the years.

As much as I would like to pin this one on Daz, after the mess they have made of G2F and V6, this one is on Go Figure. Apparently there is not enough interest in Genesis animation, or so they think.

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

... and that's a matching .dmc file for Lip Sync.
    I just downloaded the new Genesis 2 Female Base figure and fiddeled around with it a bit. Looks very nice so far. But when I tried Lip Sync, Gen 2's lips aren't synched at all.
    From a customers perspective I assume that new content for a software should have to work with ALL basic features of that given software out-of-the-box. And have been tested to death against that softwares basic features before it got realeased. Even if it's free content. Okay, that's some brand new content in that case, and there are times when someone overlooks something. But that's something that really shoudn't happen.

Another thing that bothers me, since we're just on topic: aniBlocks.
    It just doesn't make very much sense (in my opinion) to pack up things together as basic content that's either outdated or doesn't work well together... or even not at all (f.e. the several "v4-blink", "BrowSqueeze", *whatever* aniBlocks).

Like the basic Genesis figure and the aniBlocks created for Victoria and Michael 4. It couldn't be THAT hard for a professional to find out the differences between their skeletons' values and adjust them that they will match better. Since Genesis is DAZ's new "workhorse" for some time now, I'd expect that basic content should work together properly. Again, that's from a customers perspective.

And where was it that you downloaded the new Genesis 2 base figure?

• wyzarddocwyzarddoc Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Another thing missing is the morphs package in the V6 pro package. The head and body morphs are needed for some of the character packs but are not included in the pro package.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wyzarddoc said:
    Another thing missing is the morphs package in the V6 pro package. The head and body morphs are needed for some of the character packs but are not included in the pro package.

...and that fact is not noted in the promo...

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    edited June 2013

BorgBoy7 said:

And where was it that you downloaded the new Genesis 2 base figure?

In "My Account"/"Product Library". It's now part of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro Content. Named "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials".

I guess that the morphs aren't part of the V6 Bundle is more a business decision than a mistake. ;)
    They're giving away their software for free for over a year now. But even they need to buy something to chew on from time to time... :)

Post edited by Arnold C on
  • Luv LeeLuv Lee Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

I agree wholeheartedly with you Stefan. They take your money for years, build new products and do nothing to ensure that the money you spent isn't wasted -- think for example of characters. I have created an animated show with recognizable characters but they don't provide even a way to utilize old morphs on new bases. This means I HAVE to stick with G4 bases which is one reason why I haven't bought new genesis related stuff. Also Genesis 2 can't lip sync--and what's the harm in making Genies stuff fit older gen bases. They did it before. Right now I have several V4 outfits that I can also fit to V3 and others. I almost feel as if they are trying to force loyalty to genesis. I mean genesis has GREAT viability but how can I continue a animated show with Genesis if I can't make them look like my old characters?

Right now, for what I do, I can't use Genesis or Genesis 2.

In regards to animation and dynamic clothing, failed marketing and lack of support is what decreased interest in these products Right now I buy animations from Reallusion and Mixamo....I have written them about all these issues but they don't care--all DAZ wants is your money screw what the customer wants. If this wasn't such a low cost and easy system I'd go elsewhere.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You CAN transfer morphs from older figures to Genesis -- there's a paid plugin to do it (Genesis Generation X2) and there is also a long thread on how to do it with the Transfer Utility included in DS4. I don't know of a way to use V3 morphs on V4.

There are programs like Wardrobe Wizard and Crossdresser for converting clothing between different figures, but I don't know of any that will do it for free.

edited December 1969

Hey I bought The Gen X thing but I can't seem to make it create character morphs--like it puts the visime files in there but I can't get the actual character shapes I am using on Genesis -- can u link me to the transfers utility?

I don't mind paying for stuff--I just want to be able to utilize what I already have.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
    edited March 2014

Luv Lee said:
    Hey I bought The Gen X thing but I can't seem to make it create character morphs--like it puts the visime files in there but I can't get the actual character shapes I am using on Genesis -- can u link me to the transfers utility?

I don't mind paying for stuff--I just want to be able to utilize what I already have.

The creator of Gen x has a couple threads here in the forums where he answers questions etc and does answer by PM as well I believe...

This is the thread for Genesis 2 Gen X: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24079/

I cant recall off hand where the Genesis 1 Gen X thread is and I'll let Mike answer on the Transfer Utility thread as he would know the best one to look at...but I wanted to give you the GenX2 one if you wanted to take a peek at it and also as the creator is in that thread so if you had questions you could PM him directly from there. :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited December 1969

Kewl thank you I'll check that out.

edited December 1969

Hey you--quick update! Contacted the creator and bah-dah-boom, bah-dah-bing I got the info to make it work! YAYZ! Now I can check one more thing off my list to "rhymes with itch" about...

I am so happy I am three levels of ecstatic!

I bow to you kind suh...

You CAN transfer morphs from older figures to Genesis -- there's a paid plugin to do it (Genesis Generation X2) and there is also a long thread on how to do it with the Transfer Utility included in DS4. I don't know of a way to use V3 morphs on V4.

There are programs like Wardrobe Wizard and Crossdresser for converting clothing between different figures, but I don't know of any that will do it for free.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Luv Lee said:

+1 for linky to the transfer utility thread.

found this one on utoob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7abESLvn0yg

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Luv Lee said:

+1 for linky to the transfer utility thread.

found this one on utoob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7abESLvn0yg

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/