Superhero High Tech Satellite/Space based HQ

Something like the Watchtower or the JLA satellite or Damocles or well... you get the drift. :)

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693

Sounds cool to me yes

It'd need a bunch of monitors, maybe a conference table, a 'super-suit' closet/display stand/changing room, a docking hatch, a food dispenser,....and a big red button.

• IIRC, didn't DC comics superhero installations also sometimes have a teleport booth?

IIRC, didn't DC comics superhero installations also sometimes have a teleport booth?

yeah - otherwise it might take too long for them to respond (except superman/supergirl) (I know Flash is faster but he can't fly down to Earth...can he?)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

IIRC, didn't DC comics superhero installations also sometimes have a teleport booth?

yeah - otherwise it might take too long for them to respond (except superman/supergirl) (I know Flash is faster but he can't fly down to Earth...can he?)

Yeah, a teleport pad but also a docking area because... you know.... Bat-Plane/shuttle thingees. :)

edited March 2018

Just some visual reference. :)

LTS_Spaceship.png
    500 x 281 - 269K
    JL_expanded.png
    640 x 360 - 277K
    panorama2.jpg
    1858 x 479 - 110K
    WatchtowerContainmentFacility.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 806K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on

Some stuff from a game to show examples of the type of thing I am talking about.

They also need a lab, a "danger room" of sorts, and a medical lab. :)

These places are all very expansive, wide open areas with awe-inspiring architecture and high tech accents.

WatchtowerMailKiosks.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 270K
    WatchtowerMainWing.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 273K

and my dream is thats Stonemason will do the job. :)

You might be able to kitbash something.  Stonemason has some scifi sets that could work for parts of a station.  Then there's the GIS series.

Add a few monitors from another set...an engine room from one of the spaceships...etc

I can do Kitbashing, yeah but I am looking for a big open area wih a clear dome covering it with the Earth behind it wreathed in displays and holographic computer screens with a raised cenral column where people can speak down to the heroes on the floor awaiting orders typoe thing.

What ya got? :)

Hmm, I was misremembering the shape of GIS Orion's ceiling - it's more cathedral-esque.  Dome, dome, dome...not sure.  My brain is telling me it has seen something, but refusing to tell me where LOL.

I'll keep an eye out.

Hmm, I was misremembering the shape of GIS Orion's ceiling - it's more cathedral-esque.  Dome, dome, dome...not sure.  My brain is telling me it has seen something, but refusing to tell me where LOL.

I'll keep an eye out.

Thank you, sir. :).... or ma'am..... or whatever the monosyllabic term to asexually show respect is. :)

I do love the look and feel of Ansiko's stuff. Hopefully they will make a "Space Station Command" structure soon that will suit my needs. :)

RKane_1 said:

I'll keep an eye out.

Thank you, sir. :).... or ma'am..... or whatever the monosyllabic term to asexually show respect is. :)

I'm male, but 'sir' is pushing it LOL  (at least until her majesty recognises my contribution to the arts laugh)

RKane_1 said:

I do love the look and feel of Ansiko's stuff. Hopefully they will make a "Space Station Command" structure soon that will suit my needs. :)

Yup, Ansiko has some great stuff.

I've seen a COUPLE of things I could combine. I just wish I was a better hard surface modeller and designer. *sigh*

Something along the line of a DS9 Promenade would be cool too.

Are there any good tutorials anyone knows out there on environment modelling and ZBrush?

edited April 2018

Some more pics of what I am talking about... Any suggestions for Kitbashing these?

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited April 2018

Moe...

Med Bay

Teleport Pad

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited April 2018

edited April 2018

Can anyone suggest a good 3D model of a meeting table like we may have seen in the Justice League Cartoon the JLA?

Sounds cool to me yes

It'd need a bunch of monitors, maybe a conference table, a 'super-suit' closet/display stand/changing room, a docking hatch, a food dispenser,....and a big red button.

A jolly, "Candy-like" button that BECKONS YOU ...EVER... CLOSER!?!?!?!?!

Would love even the Watchtower hall from Young Justice too. Great series if no one has checked it out yet.

Some more photo reference. 

I am still hopeful someone will make something SIMILAR to this.

• Please stop bumping

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Hoo!  Hoo!  Busted!

Okay, a bit more seriously, I look at a setup like that and all that comes to mind is all the wasted space!  All that volume that must be filled with atmosphere to get the heroes alive 9at least those who need air and their lungs are not "enhanced" by powers or technology.  True, it makes for a cinematic vista, but otherwise, dang...!

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:

Hoo!  Hoo!  Busted!

Okay, a bit more seriously, I look at a setup like that and all that comes to mind is all the wasted space!  All that volume that must be filled with atmosphere to get the heroes alive 9at least those who need air and their lungs are not "enhanced" by powers or technology.  True, it makes for a cinematic vista, but otherwise, dang...!

Sincerely,

Bill

But it is supposed to be majestic and spacious areas with huge archs communicate that. I understand though that it is not necessarily realistic but  ... then again... neither are superheroes. :)

And, okay, okay, Richard. Sorry.  Yes, I am busted. I won't post here again unless someone responds to it. :(

I just wants what I wants and don't have the skills yet to make it. *shrug*