Victoria 4 & Victoria 4.2...

Bobby.RyanBobby.Ryan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I hate to be asking any stupid questions here (newbee) but is it a given that anything that fits on Victoria 4 will also fit on Victoria 4.2? All of the content I'm looking at specify using V4 and I can't find V4 anywhere.

One more thing. The Michael 4 base and Victoria 4.2 base costs $30 each. I did find something called 'V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis' and only costs $19.95

(http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis).

I'm looking at the descriptions and I figure I must be missing something. It wouldn't make sense to sell for $20 what they also sell for $60. Are they leaving anything out with the pair?

Thanks for insight----Bob Ryan.

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Those are utterly different products. Michael 4 and Victoria 4 are older base figures. V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis are, as their names suggest, shapes for the newer base figure Genesis. They are only shapes (morphs), to make Genesis look like the two older figures, they have no skins etc., so they naturaly are cheaper.

It depends on what you want to use - if you want to use M4 and V4, buy the two base figures for $30 each. If you want to use Genesis, you can buy V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis, but you don´t really need them for Genesis to work.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Items made for V4 will work on V4.2

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited June 2013

I hate to be asking any stupid questions here (newbee) but is it a given that anything that fits on Victoria 4 will also fit on Victoria 4.2? All of the content I'm looking at specify using V4 and I can't find V4 anywhere.

One more thing. The Michael 4 base and Victoria 4.2 base costs $30 each. I did find something called 'V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis' and only costs $19.95

(http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis).

I'm looking at the descriptions and I figure I must be missing something. It wouldn't make sense to sell for $20 what they also sell for $60. Are they leaving anything out with the pair?

Thanks for insight----Bob Ryan.

Victoria 4.2 is a updated version of Victoria 4. Any clothes/hair/ect that says it fits V4 should work fine on the V4.2 figure.

The V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis are just Genesis 1 morphs that change Genesis shape to be the same (very close) to the shape of the stand alone V4.2 figure, but Genesis 1 is a completely different figure than V4. There are no skin textures included in the V4/M4 shape for Genesis. In general most V4 clothes can be autofit to genesis, with some limitations, even when not using the V4 shape for Genesis. Shoes do not autofit very well.

The $30 V4 figure is the base figure with some skin textures. If you want to be able to morph the figure to have different head and body shapes, you need to get the V4.2 morphs++ (http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-morphs). Genesis 1 has completely different set of morphs. Some limited Genesis 1 morphs are built in (free), but you really need the Evolution head and body morphs (http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle). These two sets of morphs are different and can only be used on their base figures, although there is a 3rd party plugin that will translate V4.2++ morphs to genesis morphs.

DAZ has just released the Genesis 2 female (free), which is yet another figure with yet another set of morphs. Genesis 2 also has autofit for Genesis 1 and V4 clothes that works most of the time, with some tweaking.

Update: the V4 base figure only comes with the sample resolution skin. If you are going to buy V4, I would look at Victoria 4.2 Starter Bundle(http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-complete). This includes the V4.2 morph++ and the standard resolution skin.

Post edited by mark128 on
  • MarieMarie Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

I am an old but newbie (haven't been around a while) & I have just downloaded 4.6 and only get genesis 2 :C where do I get Gen. 1 from????

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am an old but newbie (haven't been around a while) & I have just downloaded 4.6 and only get genesis 2 :C where do I get Gen. 1 from????

You should have Genesis Starter Essentials in your My Account > Product Library, you need to download and install it as well.

edited December 1969

Yes I did that but its Genesis 2 not 1 and my items don't seem to work ????

edited December 1969

It is saying can not find Genesis base dsf.???

edited December 1969

You should have both "Genesis Starter Essentials" and "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials" -- did you install both? Did you use DIM to install, or manually extract the zip, or used a stand-alone installer?

edited July 2022

I do not have Genesis starter pack only Genesis 2, I have searched through my account list but there is nothing only for 2?
    Genesis does load when I search through the files in studio but not at start up nor with the new characters 

Post edited by Marie on
    edited December 1969

I do not have Genesis starter pack only Genesis 2, I have searched through my account list but there is nothing only for 2?
    Genesis does load when I search through the files in studio but not at start up nor with the new characters I bought (damn waste of money):C
    I have uninstalled and re installed manually (which all the files were in the right place anyhow) still nothing I am at a loss its all dutch to me!!!

I'm not sure what you mean here -- how exactly are you able to load Genesis? That will narrow down what the actual problem is.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There are 2 starter packs

gen_starter_2_copy.jpg
    703 x 450 - 244K
  • I know this is an old post but I had a few old cgworld cd around and when I instilled some stuff for victoria like V4HoodedCloak the clothing didnt match my character. I dont know why it is not, I kind of feel this is realted to this issue

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

What do you mean by "the clothing didn't match my character" exactly? What figure are you using?