Ordinary People

brunojamesbrunojames Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Thought it was time I started posting some of what I do.

I want to do a series concentrating on ordinary people doing ordinary things. I am not a very artistic person and when I try to do fantasy type scenes I really mess them up. Being extremely left brained I thought I would start here and see what develops.

Thanks for having a peek (pretend there is a happy smiley here)

Bruno

streetScene001_C.jpg
1240 x 1753 - 625K

Comments

• brunojamesbrunojames Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like how this turned out.

Desert Drive

50s-001.jpg
    1076 x 760 - 211K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Very nice! I feel like I can just bop along with the first gal, you have a nice energy in the scene! And I really like the colors and the pose on the second one. Can I offer one little tip? Your rear view mirror looks like it is resting on the horizon. Perhaps just tilt up or tilt down a bit and break that plane, so to speak. Then your mirror won't be able to take a snooze on the background land. (smile)

edited December 1969

Thank you Novica. I never noticed the rearview mirror which is funny 'cause I spent so much time trying to work out why all the chrome on the other side of the glass turned black when I added refraction to the glass. In the end I didn't use any.

edited December 1969

My first render using Victoria 6.

Why so sad?

soSad.jpg
    1100 x 777 - 216K
  • mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I like how this turned out.

Desert Drive

Nice. I like your concept. I'll keep watching and see how your renders turn out.

edited December 1969

Thank you mxstylie, I am having a go at a scifi themed render at the moment.

edited December 1969

Well, this is what came of my scifi render. I ended up playing with the new Genesis 2 base and the morph sets and made a character from scratch, first time I have done this. Usually I just play with the sliders of already installed figures to get something a bit different. Used the Lorella skin mats and Nordic hair for V6.

NewFigure.jpg
    636 x 900 - 272K
    edited December 1969

This ones a bit off track, I wanted to use the procedural shaders I purchased a few weeks ago, need some more practice with them. Undead Friend was happy to hide behind a tree and spy on things.

He's Always Watching

DeadFriend.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 291K
    edited December 1969

I think I am starting to understand IBL and getting a bit better with SSS. Just learned that you should decrease the diffuse when using sub-surface, now I know why my figures have an unnatural glow like post number 4.

Thanks for looking

2013-07-001.jpg
    777 x 1100 - 210K
  • RaagesRaages Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your vision is not bad at all. Mayby I will go the same direction. That car in the dessert is a beauty.
    But I can't figure out what you means with SSS and IBL?? Spell it out please?