Comments

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122

Hi scormus! I'm working on G8 female and G3 male at the moment. G8 female is proving to be challenging. Not to get the expressions, but to get usability for each expression across multiple figures in the G8 line. It may be that for G8 female, I have to release sets that are figure specific. Not sure yet, still working on it. One thing I can tell you is that G8 is waaaay more realistic that G3, in terms of how her face topology moves. I had to push G3 to her limits to get her to look "real", but G8 gets there much more easily, so things will probably go faster.

But it is in the pipeline!

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041

Hi scormus! I'm working on G8 female and G3 male at the moment. G8 female is proving to be challenging. Not to get the expressions, but to get usability for each expression across multiple figures in the G8 line. It may be that for G8 female, I have to release sets that are figure specific. Not sure yet, still working on it. One thing I can tell you is that G8 is waaaay more realistic that G3, in terms of how her face topology moves. I had to push G3 to her limits to get her to look "real", but G8 gets there much more easily, so things will probably go faster.

Will your future products be still for G3? Do you have plans after the G3 male and G8 female versions?

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501
    It may be that for G8 female, I have to release sets that are figure specific.

I sincerely hope that won't be necessary. Not only would it involve more work for you, it would limit their appeal if the expressions only worked on one figure.

Out of curiosity I tested two recent expression packs: 'Extraordinary Lady' by Emma and Jordi, and 'A Lady' (DAZ Original), both for Alexandra 8 and G8F. They seemed to work just fine on the figures I tried them on, one derived from Alexandra 8 and the other created by playing with moph sliders. So maybe there's a way to avoid the need for multiple releases.

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122
    gerster said:

Will your future products be still for G3? Do you have plans after the G3 male and G8 female versions?

I'm not really sure, to be honest. I think I'd like to do an "unusual expressions" set for G3 that would cover all the weird little expressions that weren't covered in the first two sets, like kissy face, nausea, annoyance, intense pleasure, etc. All those little expressions that are so hard to make look real. But I honestly don't know what that would look like, beyond just a vague idea at the moment. These things always seem to evolve organically, and there are surprises along the way, and things I didn't think of, and somehow at the end of it, some collection of expressions emerges. Plus, I still need to make G3 male smile and laugh, and scream, so there's that. :)

Also, there's this prop collection I'm working on at the moment that is soooooo cool. At least, I think so. :) I'm a pretty fast modeller, so it shouldn't take too much longer, and there's nothing like it in the marketplace.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041
    I'm not really sure, to be honest. I think I'd like to do an "unusual expressions" set for G3 that would cover all the weird little expressions that weren't covered in the first two sets, like kissy face, nausea, annoyance, intense pleasure, etc. All those little expressions that are so hard to make look real. But I honestly don't know what that would look like, beyond just a vague idea at the moment. These things always seem to evolve organically, and there are surprises along the way, and things I didn't think of, and somehow at the end of it, some collection of expressions emerges. Plus, I still need to make G3 male smile and laugh, and scream, so there's that. :)

Sounds very promising for me. I am looking forward for your unusal expressions product yes More G3 stuff is alwys good.

Also, there's this prop collection I'm working on at the moment that is soooooo cool. At least, I think so. :) I'm a pretty fast modeller, so it shouldn't take too much longer, and there's nothing like it in the marketplace.

Uh, what kind of prop collection is that?

When you are open to suggestions , I have an idea for an future product:

Baggy Casual Clothing

Application possibility: 

• Girlfriend wears much to large T-Shirt and trouser from her boyfriend
    • Boy wears much to large clothes from his father

Product would include a t-Shirt and trousers for G3M and G3F (maybe this may be two products) with the usual morphs (breast shape, breast gone, Veronica 7, Michael 7 and so on).
    Additional there would be a "baggy" morph, which morphs the product to an oversized version.
    dForce support would be also nice.

What do you think?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

not meaning to resurrect an old thread...but wondering if Those Things is still hoping to do a G8 version of the "biometric expressions"? *hopes*

• yeah i hope to see this before halloween :)

• jakiblue said:

not meaning to resurrect an old thread...but wondering if Those Things is still hoping to do a G8 version of the "biometric expressions"? *hopes*

Ooops, just saw this, sorry!

There is an expression product I'm working on for Genesis 8. It springs off of Biometric expressions, but it's more evolved and figure specific. I quickly discovered when I tried to apply the original Biometric Expressions technique to G8, that cross-figure compatibility was almost non-existent. Genesis 8 is--simply said--too unique for a one-product-for-all-figures approach. This is actually a good thing, honestly.

So...something different is in development...