G3/G8 Dragon Girl Suggestions

SoulspyreSoulspyre Posts: 10
edited March 2018 in Product Suggestions

I made a character in Hero Forge for a Pathfinder character, but I'd really like to have a lot more control over her look, so I'd like to build her in Daz, but don't know the best products to use.  I'm thinking starting with Aiko 8, but what should I use?  Suggestions gladly accepted :)   She can be either more Eastern or Western dragon overall.

I've attached some pics of her I made in in Hero Forge

HeroForgeScreenshot (1).png
1455 x 750 - 160K
HeroForgeScreenshot.png
1455 x 750 - 190K
Post edited by Soulspyre on

Comments

• SoulspyreSoulspyre Posts: 10

Thanks!  Dragelle's tail is oddly placed (I would think her tail to be an extension of her tailbone/cocyx), but it's a start. :)

• Soulspyre said:

Thanks!  Dragelle's tail is oddly placed (I would think her tail to be an extension of her tailbone/cocyx), but it's a start. :)

Placing the tail on the cocyx would not be practical due to the number of bones that come together there - sadly that woudl probably require a custom figure, or possibly a geograft that completely replaced the hip, lower torso, and upper legs (and I'm not sure that would work).

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    Soulspyre said:

Placing the tail on the cocyx would not be practical due to the number of bones that come together there - sadly that woudl probably require a custom figure, or possibly a geograft that completely replaced the hip, lower torso, and upper legs (and I'm not sure that would work).

So putting a geograft on a location where other bones come off of it is difficult to do in DAZ? Is that because of the rigging the bones on setup? What can happen if it is not done just right?

• RKane_1 said:
    Soulspyre said:

So putting a geograft on a location where other bones come off of it is difficult to do in DAZ? Is that because of the rigging the bones on setup? What can happen if it is not done just right?

it's because the taile would be on top of the ends of the leg bones, if it was proportioned as the existing tail is. It's not that a part can't span bones, just that in this case it would be extremely complex to do and probably somewhat complex to use.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

It's not the placement of Dragelle's which is the issue, it's the thickness​. By making it that thick, the creator didn't seem to be left with much in the way of options. It should have matched the thickness of the human spine it grows out of. That would have allowed it to be angled downwards mroe convincingly, instead of having to jut out at an unnatural right angle in the way it does.

That's really the only reason I never bought it at the time. :/ I love​ the forearms and, while I'd prefer it to have horns as optional, I would probably add hair over them, but I wouldn't know what to do with that tail. If it had been thin and snake-like, it could have been perfect.

• Well, that's a design decision - it is quite thick, but I wouldn't want it much thinner for a dragon-person. You are right, though, that a thinner tail would be easier to place (as with other slender tails in character sets).

Well, that's a design decision - it is quite thick, but I wouldn't want it much thinner for a dragon-person. You are right, though, that a thinner tail would be easier to place (as with other slender tails in character sets).

That's kinda what I'd noticed, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to rigging.  The thin tail might be easier, but looks all wrong for a dragon, especially the kind I had come up with in Hero Forge.  I might be able to fudge it if I scaled the hell out of the thinner tale and and simply made sure the camera obscured the placement.  Same for Dragelle, but it does limit posing and camera options.  Pity,

• It's an older item, and some of Garee's rigging tricks didn't play well with DS, but you might have a look at https://www.daz3d.com/draconian

If I wanted a Rigging-for-Dummies guide, where's the best place to go?  I really would like to have something that give me...

HeroForgeScreenshot.png
    1590 x 799 - 186K
    HeroForgeScreenshot (1).png
    1590 x 750 - 146K
  • Nercoing for relevant question; I do have Dragelle, and I spent some time this morning messing around to more-or-less get some gen 3 figure morphs up to gen 8. Is it possible to get Dragelle’s tail to function properly with gen 8, or am I going to need to go out of my way to mess with more stuff?