If Daz would finally bring out Carrara 9...

124»

Comments

• While DAZ sat on its a55 regarding Carrara development, Blender pretty much took out whatever wind it had in it's sails (and sales). Pity because I really HATE!!!!!! Blender.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I struggle with blender but a couple of overlays and support communities have helped. 

For example - https://bforartists.de/

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited June 2018

RE - Carrara 9 - I would prioritize fixing bugs in UV map presets, such as cylinder overlap. 

Post edited by Diomede on
  • NexySaloonNexySaloon Posts: 70

Blender is a great program. I have long wanted the time to dig into it like it deserves, and in about 6 months I will have that time. I think it wants more creativity and invention than what we are mostly familiar with, but hey- if we buy a Poser scene all the lights have to be re-worked for Carrara - and I have not tried opening a DAZ iRay lit scene in Carrara but I am expecting the same situation when I do, only with lights AND shaders. My real thought behind this rambling is I'm really thinking no one person, no one program can do it all. Maybe I am better to REALLY learn ONE (maybe 2) rigs, and deal with whatever drawbacks of it, than to break my brain trying to keep up with all of them. And speaking of... Isn't it time for Poser to come up with something incredible (that doesn't work in DStudio and try to rise out of its ashes?

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

but hey- if we buy a Poser scene all the lights have to be re-worked for Carrara

Yes, always frustrating when I cannot get the same image as in the product page without a lot of work.  I don't know if its feasible to have Carrara's Poser importer recreate the lights, but it sounds unlikely.  So ... always nice to find good scenes in Carrara format.  Just not nearly as many available as in Poser format - my collection is about 10 to 1, Poser content to Carrara.  But some of those Carrara items are very nice.

• Jetbird D2Jetbird D2 Posts: 97

If Carrara 9 was ever released, it should be no less than what is promised for Blender 2.8 and future releases so that it would be relevant. The only thing that Carrara has to it is it's UI and how things are working. It is very simple and well thought. So basically whoever develops Carrara just need to keep up with todays  trends in market.  There are now plenty open sourced or obtainable technologies, so you don;t have to think how to develop.  The way to be different and stand out among others is keep on providing good and easy workflow. The way some things are designed in Carrara is just amazing and up till this day no other app gives what is available inside Carrara for a decade already. Although even with that there could be some refinements made. heh. 

That is what I think people want, all that Blender is offering, just in a simpler (like Carrara)   UI and way of workflow and  use those features on both Genesis and Custom made figures and objects. Very simple ;) 
    The longer the wait, the bigger the steps are to be made.  

• invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
    edited November 2019

i would like to see that "send to" feature under the file menu, have a Carrara option...they do have a zbrush one....and more "handshaking" between all their products

which brings me to my biggest complaint...they should make their own products get along with each other, before making them get along with competitors 

i mean really? the average user of Dazstudio will probably use Carrara more than say Maya...unless they are  in a professional setting

also, they would  probably use sculptris over zbrush

and lately, with all the characters i have been making in Dazstudio and Poser...i am upset because i can't get any of them to work with Carrara

Post edited by invisigoth on
  • there are ways to use Genesis 3 and 8 in Carrara but it took a third party to do it so not on this forum or site

you need to look on Renderosity 

there are issues with 8 so Misty released her presets as a freebie so can link those

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/carrara-compatible-character-preset-for-genesis-8-female/77504&ca\

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/carrara-compatible-character-preset-for-genesis-8-male/77745

the clothes and hairs  have  to be converted to blended weight in DAZ studio and saved as a scene subset

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

at this point, i not buying daz content at all, mainly cuz of the cart glitches.

if i really need something, is better to make it, kitbash it, or wait for the whacky version.  like submarines.smiley

not shifting to blender, not after all the studying carrara.  poor old girl cant be blamed for not coping with typos, poor qa

• invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
    edited November 2019

there are ways to use Genesis 3 and 8 in Carrara but it took a third party to do it so not on this forum or site

you need to look on Renderosity 

there are issues with 8 so Misty released her presets as a freebie so can link those

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/carrara-compatible-character-preset-for-genesis-8-female/77504&ca\

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/carrara-compatible-character-preset-for-genesis-8-male/77745

the clothes and hairs  have  to be converted to blended weight in DAZ studio and saved as a scene subset

i have those, and they still are wonky ...there are some for genesis 3 too...but it should really be native, like the send to hexagon, or send to bryce...i used to use blender...back in the old days..but the new version takes some getting use to

i have trained in maya, lightwave and 3dmax...but the price range...also C4d...which btw i was thinking i was getting, when i bought carrara..but got too hooked and didn't complain about my accident

Post edited by invisigoth on
  • Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited November 2019

"If Daz would finally bring out Carrara 9..."            

Won't ever happen, so the only option left are new "plugins" made by the fans of Carrara. One plugin, or option, I would like to see in Carrara is a way to make a 3 dimensional Voronoi cube mesh, not just a surface Voronoi mesh, but a 3D version that would look like a sponge, or bone marrow. I attached a picture of a the kind of 3D mesh I am talking about.

off_export_wings3d.jpg
    800 x 640 - 127K
    torolf_sauermann_nervenzellen.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 341K
    images 3.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 160K
    Post edited by Retro Lad on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2019

The more DAZ concentrates on making stuff work only in their Flagship program DAZ studio

the less new I buy

(sadly cannot say less I buy as they still manage to sell me lots of older stuff in sales)

I still will go up to genesis 3 as I can get that to work in Unreal Engine 4 also,

I cannot Genesis 8, thats a DAZ studio only showpony that one

Poser support of course stopped at Genesis 2

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2019

ah @FlashGarcia Voronoi
    @Philemo has been sorely missed in the forum broken heart

but

I might have a solution

metaball modeller

I have only recently discovered you can change the view in the tab at the top and put metaballs in all three directions which has opened up a plethora of modelling possibilities 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

did you put in a support ticket to tell them you waiting?

they prolly not reading this forum

don't see any DAZ_  posterers in here.

• Tickets? Nah, Maybe I'll mail a dead  rat to Daz heaquarters instead; there are plenty of dead rats here in Dem LA.

Maybe the metaballs can be used to hollow out sections of a big cube, turning it into swiss cheese. Hmm, do rats like swiss cheese. I don't know if that would work to create a bone marrow mesh effect. Blender can do it, but the right combination of controls has to be found.

Maybe Daz3D ought to sell out to the Chinese.

i think they should skip 9 and go right to 10  Carrara X

edited November 2019

Have there been any "in-depth" interviews with the head honchos of the Daz3D company concerning their reasons for not upgrading both Carrara and Bryce? Keeping quite about the reasons just makes things worse in my opinion.

My personal assumption is that it is a "lack of enough money" issue, for programmers, etc. Maybe, maybe not.

• Have there been any "in-depth" interviews with the head honchos of the Daz3D company concerning their reasons for not upgrading both Carrara and Bryce? Keeping quite about the reasons just makes things worse in my opinion.

No

and we are not allowed to speculate either

edited November 2019

"No

and we are not allowed to speculate either"

Hmm, then it is time to consult a Swami, and ask, "oh, Great Swami, please tell us why Daz3D refuses to upgrade Carrara and Bryce"

The skeletons in the photo are Carrara, and Bryce, users who have died waiting for the upgrades

PDVD 003.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 375K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

the reply I recieved from them was that they didn't have the resources...

what resources are is anyones guess but probably either programmers, funds or both.

• That's probably true, since everyone I know, and everyone my brother knows, is hard up for money. Everyone I bump into is scrounging, on a budget, or in debt up the ears.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Have there been any "in-depth" interviews with the head honchos of the Daz3D company concerning their reasons for not upgrading both Carrara and Bryce? Keeping quite about the reasons just makes things worse in my opinion.

No

and we are not allowed to speculate either

Nothing wrong with speculation,   But it does need to be expressed as speculation and not speculation as fact.   So you should have said I speculate the the answer is no,  rather than asserting that it is.