space scenes that import into bryce

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

There's a space or futuristic city which imports but I'm looking for something like the solar system bundle, which doesn't mention bryce compatibility. Looking for Space Scenes that work in bryce. Not sure, with space scenes anyway, if listing studio means it will import into bryce.

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

kzerial said:
    There's a space or futuristic city which imports but I'm looking for something like the solar system bundle, which doesn't mention bryce compatibility. Looking for Space Scenes that work in Bryce. Not sure, with space scenes anyway, if listing studio means it will import into bryce.

Getting things from Studio over to Bryce can be a bit tricky depending on what mood the DS bridge is in. There are a couple of tutorials on my youtube channel that might help you here as well as a few that relate to making space scenes and creating space effects. You will find them (hopefully) on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/davidbrinnen or failing that, there is a list of tutorials under my name here that gives links to them, http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials.html

Horo and I have also made some space related content that you can find in our store. Although that may not be quite what you are looking for.

If you link us to some of the kind of images you are hoping to make in Bryce, then I might be able to narrow down your search for I think might be helpful.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This maybe has some stuff you could use and is on sale right now. It is for Bryce.

http://www.daz3d.com/epic-scifi-space-station-construction-kit

edited December 1969

sjhayes2 said:
    This maybe has some stuff you could use and is on sale right now. It is for Bryce.

http://www.daz3d.com/epic-scifi-space-station-construction-kit

Good find. I've got that kit. I like it.

• edited December 1969

I've bryce 6 so I'll assume I can't use the hdri stuff. Yes? Have the space station bookmarked.

I'm trying to do stuff with a minimum of character(s animation). They are more like journeys though space and way stations etcetc. I'm trying to express a speculative model of a certain magical system which might be used to create star gates and all that kinda thing. So anything to help with this idea.

My other love is to create anis with gothic/victorian magical atmospheres. Like visuals for black metal! So any idea (available props etc) of what to plug into that........

I'm finding character ani too much for my system right now - my patience as well.

Also, I post at a yahoo group for bryce. The mod keeps saying bryce is very limited and I'm pushing it in a way it wasn't meant. I need more ram that's for sure. But I've done some cool stuff therein, for a program meant essentially for fly throughs. I find bryce to have the easiest user interface.... I found carrara so counter intuitive I just gave up on it. I only use studio to get certain models into bryce.

Well, if anyone with keen intuition has anything to offer by all means. I'm in limbo with all this right now not sure which way to go. As yous know, we are Deluged with perpetual new offers for this and that. I always feel like I'm missing out on something. I just wish bryce had these other features to make it a stand alone program for all one's needs.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,514
    edited December 1969

kzerial said:
    I've bryce 6 so I'll assume I can't use the hdri stuff. Yes?

Yes you can. We've got IBL with Bryce 6.0, though it's options have been very much enhanced in Bryce 7.1. There are a couple of free HDRIs on my website (see sig) which may help you in assessing whether such is usable for your project in Bryce 6. Got to Raytracing > Resources > HDRI and HR-HDRI and help yourself.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

kzerial said:
    Also, I post at a yahoo group for bryce. The mod keeps saying bryce is very limited and I'm pushing it in a way it wasn't meant

Send him over here, to view the render thread amongst others to see what real Brycers are doing with Bryce lol

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    kzerial said:
    Also, I post at a yahoo group for bryce. The mod keeps saying bryce is very limited and I'm pushing it in a way it wasn't meant

Send him over here, to view the render thread amongst others to see what real Brycers are doing with Bryce lol

If you have what you consider is an "underpowered" computer, Bryce is your ticket. I am a new to Bryce, used Daz Studio for a while, and I find little that Daz can do that Bryce cannot do as well, if not better, except for posing characters, which Bryce does not do.

I find it odd that someone would moderate a group with that attitude. Oh well, we have a President who apparently doesn't like politics so go figure.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Plus of course Bryce can do a good many things that DS cannot do.

edited December 1969

WARNING: Bryce can be addictive

• edited December 1969

Thanks, I downloaded PfynPool.hdr and put it in the hdri folder for bryce 6. This may not be what to do - or, how do you thus access it? I see there are other similar files in the folder which I've apparently never used.

edited December 1969

kzerial said:
    Thanks, I downloaded PfynPool.hdr and put it in the hdri folder for bryce 6. This may not be what to do - or, how do you thus access it? I see there are other similar files in the folder which I've apparently never used.

So long as you know where the file is, you use the IBL tab in the Sky Lab and use HDRI and Open and then navigate to where the .hdr file you want to use is stored. This is the tab from 7.1 Pro so you will see a few more features - but the idea is the same.

Image3.jpg
    725 x 612 - 136K
    edited December 1969

As David said. Put it wherever you like as far as you'll find it later. Here's the comparison: IBL tab in Bryce 6.1/6.3.

ibl6.jpg
    628 x 471 - 52K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

kzerial said:

Also, I post at a yahoo group for bryce. The mod keeps saying bryce is very limited and I'm pushing it in a way it wasn't meant.

Pardon me if I chuckle at that mods' attitude, if a bit narrow. I don't feel that person would appreciate all the things David, Horo, and others, have contributed in finding out what Bryce can do with a bit of exploration. And, a lot of imagination. Perhaps the person who designed the first biplane thought of flying straight and level, until someone wondered what would happen if they pulled the stick all the way back.

The world is full of things that were the result of someone asking "what if?" and giving it a try. Because the designer/inventor couldn't see the potentials, doesn't mean they aren't there, waiting to be discovered. Saying something is ONLY for this or that is not only limiting what that thing could, or might, be able to do, but limits the ability of the person to advance further than they currently stand.

Personally, I say thanks to David/Horo/and all the others who have proven Bryce produces many fine images that aren't just landscapes. And I say, continue on.

• edited December 1969

Um yes. But I don't really go for stills. I tried the hdri pic and thanks for the direction. I'm needing something more "interactive". What I need is some kind of particle emission plugin. Something that conveys energy (fluid or plasma) transfer etc.

edited December 1969

Is the Bryce particle Emitter of any help. It's right there in Bryce 7.1. Here you can find a video how it works: http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs/ Scroll down to Animation and on the right you find the Particle Emitter video link or use this one http://www.youtube.com/v/W-XVYh4O-hk