Renders encounter error at end of render.

LaniNoaLaniNoa Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I am doing a render that takes about 9 hours to complete. When it reaches the end it says, "encountered error". I can see the render in the Daz Temp file, all 3GB, but I can't open the file. I have tried 3 times now. Shorter renders work just fine. I tried breaking it up into sections, but since I am using Mimic with it, the Mimic no longer lines up with the characters, and it was impossible to try to pull it together in my video program by trying to slide the audio around to its proper place since large pieces of the mimic were then missing. I even tried aborting just before it finished the run to see if that would work ...but no! Is there a way to access the already made video? Is there anything else I could do?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited December 1969

Try rendering to an image sequence, which will save one image per frame. You should be able to assemble those, even if rendered in batches, in your animation software. I suspect that it's simply running out of memory on a 32 bit process.

• LaniNoaLaniNoa Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am not sure how to save each image, will that work when using Mimic.Would you please explain as I have never done this before. Also I am using a 64 bit Computer, even so, does this indicate that I need more memory to complete these runs?

edited December 1969

I suggested it might be a 32 bit issue only because the size at which it stops, 3GB, looks very like the limit on 32 bit applications.

Image sequence is an option under Render Settings - it will render a separate file, with the base name you specify plus the frame number as its name, for each frame. You then stitch them into an animation in your editor and attach the sound clip you used for Mimic - I can't give any detailed advice on how to do that, though.

edited December 1969

Richard, I took to heart what you said about memory and went out and bought more memory to bring my memory from 4GB to 12GB to ensure that I wouldn't have this problem again. Guess what! I still have the problem!! So, what else could be the issue here, I don't want to continue with such a huge issue as this hanging over my head every time I want to do something longer than 10 or 15 seconds?? I would really appreciate help here, or information as to where I can go to get some help. Thanks!

edited December 1969

If my hunch is right, and the problem is a 32 bit process running out of RAM, then adding more memory won't help. Have you tried the render to image sequence approach?

edited December 1969

No, I haven't tried the render to image sequence ...I would prefer to go the easier route. Since my machine is a 64bit with a quad, it should be able to handle this. Does this mean I am running a 32-bit program without realizing it ...how could I figure that out?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I have heard that not all file formats save properly for animations. Could that be the problem? I think it was in the old forums that I read of that issue.

Post edited by Jaderail on