Exporting anatomical elements morphs

DaedolonDaedolon Posts: 13

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to make an adult game in Unity using Daz3D characters but am stuck because I can't figure how to get the genitals morphs to exports with the rest of the model.

One thing I noticed is that the genital morphs appear in the "Parameters" tab instead of the "Shaping" tab. The genitals morphs do not appear in the list of exportable morphs when I select my Daz character, be it male or female.

I already have the body morphs working fine in Unity so I can control the weight and shape of my characters. So is there anyway to get those morphs to get exported with the rest so I can use them in Unity ?

Thanks for your time !

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Daedolon said:

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to make an adult game in Unity using Daz3D characters but am stuck because I can't figure how to get the genitals morphs to exports with the rest of the model.

One thing I noticed is that the genital morphs appear in the "Parameters" tab instead of the "Shaping" tab. The genitals morphs do not appear in the list of exportable morphs when I select my Daz character, be it male or female.

I already have the body morphs working fine in Unity so I can control the weight and shape of my characters. So is there anyway to get those morphs to get exported with the rest so I can use them in Unity ?

Thanks for your time !

I haven't tried exporting those but I'll make an educated guess for you. You have to treat them as seperate 'characters' I think. So then if you do that you then have to build filters to tell DAZ what morphs you want exported from the gens. And it works. You don't even need the main character imported. You'll then have to 'fit'/'parent' the gens to the character in Unity.

• DaedolonDaedolon Posts: 13

I did try to use them as a separate model by when I unparent them from the model and try to export just the genital, then nothing exports at all, the fbx is empty :'(

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

If you merge the geograft to the figure, will it export correctly?

edited April 2018
    Daedolon said:

I did try to use them as a separate model by when I unparent them from the model and try to export just the genital, then nothing exports at all, the fbx is empty :'(

That's where you need to tell it I think that you want to export all the morphs by building filters. 

On the FBX Export Option:

Add - changed the match for the newly added Rule 0 to be * and RMB on the Action and change it from Bake to Export, then Accept

Export Options: Selected, Figures, Locks, Morphs 

Output Options: FBX 2014 - Binary, Embed Textures, Allow Degraded Skinning, Allowed Degraded Scaling

So I just did that & then reinported the exported genitals in FBX format (137kb) to DAZ Studio & they import OK and the rigging bones are there too.

I didn't import into Unity now because I don't feel like waiting for it to start up but it will work. You'll need to manually assign material & such in Unity.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

If you merge the geograft to the figure, will it export correctly?

I didn't know it could be merged. I'll try that.

Daedolon said:

That's where you need to tell it I think that you want to export all the morphs by building filters. 

On the FBX Export Option:

Add - changed the match for the newly added Rule 0 to be * and RMB on the Action and change it from Bake to Export, then Accept

Export Options: Selected, Figures, Locks, Morphs 

Output Options: FBX 2014 - Binary, Embed Textures, Allow Degraded Skinning, Allowed Degraded Scaling

So I just did that & then reinported the exported genitals in FBX format (137kb) to DAZ Studio & they import OK and the rigging bones are there too.

I didn't import into Unity now because I don't feel like waiting for it to start up but it will work. You'll need to manually assign material & such in Unity.

Ok, I'll try and let you know if it solved the issue. Thanks for your help !

OK so after trying @nonesuch00 method, the result was the same, the genitals morphs were not exported, only the body morph.

However with @agent unawares suggestions, I look how to merge models in Daz and stumble upon this topic :

https://www.reddit.com/r/adultvrgames/comments/4p7016/using_daz3d_models_in_unity_and_unreal/

So following the steps there, I merged both models (body + genitals) and the genitals morphs are now properly exported when exporting the body.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Daedolon said:

OK so after trying @nonesuch00 method, the result was the same, the genitals morphs were not exported, only the body morph.

However with @agent unawares suggestions, I look how to merge models in Daz and stumble upon this topic :

https://www.reddit.com/r/adultvrgames/comments/4p7016/using_daz3d_models_in_unity_and_unreal/

So following the steps there, I merged both models (body + genitals) and the genitals morphs are now properly exported when exporting the body.

Well that's good to know, good luck with your game(s).

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    Daedolon said:

yes

I figured that would do it.

• Sorry to nerco this post but I tried following the other post on Reddit and I couldn't get the stuff to work right. In Daz, after I merge the figure with the anatomy (using the Merge Fitted Figure(s) Geometry), the anatomy goes right back to the original shape. None of the morphs change the anatomy in Daz once merged. What are the steps to merge both the figure and anatomy AND have morphs still work? I'm having trouble understanding what @Daedolon and @nonesuch00 were talking about. Also, if it helps, I'm using Gensis 8 figures. Thanks in advance.

• I think that 'Merge Fitted Figures' may have been broken by a recent update. I am having problems when trying to merge the Anatomical Elements figure as well. The position of the grafted object shifts during the merge process, leading to some pretty unsightly artifacts. Also, the morphs simply don't transfer anymore. I have used this workflow in the past to export a figure with geografted gens and morphs, so I know that it used to work. I opened a tech support ticket for this and that may be getting some traction now. It would help if others could confirm whether or not this is still working for them, because maybe there's some pathology, combination of plug-ins/feature use that breaks this.

• I think that 'Merge Fitted Figures' may have been broken by a recent update. I am having problems when trying to merge the Anatomical Elements figure as well. The position of the grafted object shifts during the merge process, leading to some pretty unsightly artifacts. Also, the morphs simply don't transfer anymore. I have used this workflow in the past to export a figure with geografted gens and morphs, so I know that it used to work. I opened a tech support ticket for this and that may be getting some traction now. It would help if others could confirm whether or not this is still working for them, because maybe there's some pathology, combination of plug-ins/feature use that breaks this.

Thank you for your post! I was going crazy trying different methods and nothing worked which made me wonder if I'm just dumb or what. I would also like to see if this is broken for others as well. I really would appreciate knowing if there's a fix for this or an update on your trouble ticket.

• I have the exact same issue, morph just don't work after the merge, also not all of the morphs even visible, like 40% are present but have no effects.

PS: Actually I found 2 morphs out of 30 that works, but still I need my 60 workable morphs.

• moohyn said:

I have the exact same issue, morph just don't work after the merge, also not all of the morphs even visible, like 40% are present but have no effects.

PS: Actually I found 2 morphs out of 30 that works, but still I need my 60 workable morphs.

Could you please tell me which 2 still worked?

@Troyminator was there any response to that open trouble ticket? I'd hate to open another for the same issue but I'm anxiously awaiting any update/progress made on their end. Also, does anybody know the last version of Daz this worked in? Maybe I can redownload that to continue my project...

• I've heard nothing since 7/31. Last I heard it was getting forwarded to QA as a bug, but nothing since then. If it gets fixed it probably won't be until the next version (4.12?) gets released at the earliest, would be my guess. I don't know if it would help or not, but having other people open support tickets might get it escalated (the squeaky wheel and all that...)

If you actually figure out how to downgrade Daz Studio to an earlier version, I'd like to hear about it. They really seem to go out of their way to prevent that, probably due to file format and content DB issues. I think I was last able to do this in 4.10, but it's been a while since I tried, so I can't say for certain when it broke.

• I just downloaded 4.12 and I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it's fixed now so I can get back to my progect. I'll post again either if it works or doesn't. Cheers.

• Seems to be broken on 4.12 any luck anybody?

• I am trying to export the anatomical element morphs as an fbx and then import it to UE4. I am using DAZ 4.12 and UE4 4.24. When applying the "Merge fitted Figures" function, the morph targets appear in the export mode and I guzess, I can export them. However, I cannot use the exported fbx-file as the bone structure seems to be screwed up (in UE4 I get the error message that there are multiple "hip" bones) and so, I cannot import the file at all. Without the "Merge fitted Figures" funtion I can export the model with the anatomical elements and import it to UE4 but then without the morph targets.

I came accross this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsO4OEG4O-w

The guy in the video is using a Genesis 2 model. I am not sure about the DAZ Version that he is using. It might be older than DAZ 4.12. However, it seems to work perfectly well in these circumstances and with DAZ 4.12 and Genesis 8 it does not work...

• wolfgangmamiwolfgangmami Posts: 7
    edited February 2020
    Daedolon said:

Hi I followed these steps everything is working well but genital duplicates itself and attaches on the body did you solve this issue edit: I just deleted sperated one seems fine but I'm not sure this is perfect solution

Post edited by wolfgangmami on
  • NogikuNogiku Posts: 1

How is this? laugh

Make 'Animated_doll' for Unity 

Anatomy is added to G8F.(as 'Original_doll')
    This is exported in OBJ format.(Filename: 'Animated_doll.obj')

Next, add the favorite morphs to 'Original_doll' and then export in obj format (example;  smile.obj, open_vagina.obj).

Importing a 'Animated_doll.obj'.
    Using "Transfer Utility" to transfer rigging data from 'Original_doll' to  'Animated_doll'.

Changing 'Animated_doll' parent to 'None'.
    Delete 'Original_doll'.

Use the "Morph Loder Pro" to load the morphs (example;  smile.obj, open_vagina.obj) into 'Animated_doll'.

Export to FBX for Unity.

Damn, I just realized I was the original poster and encountered the exact same issue after resuming work on my project this year.

Merging geograft worked fine back then, I still had the Unity project with the morphs working. However, now using Daz 4.15, the merge fucks up the genitalia morphs and they just stop working after merging. Impressive to see this bug is still there after more than 2 years...

I've opened a ticket to get more info.

In the meantime, I wanted a working solution, since I know merging bugs starting 4.12, the idea was to find a version 4.11 or earlier. After 2 hours of fake links and virus, I found a working 4.10 and tried merging in it, and guess what? It worked without issue using the steps explained in the reddit post. So Daz 4.12+ did fuck up the merging, still bugging in the latest 4.15 as of today... 

I'll make sure to keep this earlier version because I'll have to export my models again with different morph rules in future games and since I'm using Daz only for Unity, I don't really need all the features offered by the new Daz versions.

Hope that'll help somebody else!

• To anyone still running into the problem of being unable to export elements such as genitalia or similar accessories, I think I've found how to do it. Though its not completely what we may want.

For some reason.. If you dont choose "Geometry Editor" under tools before exporting the model, the accessory wont show up in the export window and therefore you wont be able to export the morphs connected to it.

This of course creates the problem that, if you're trying to export your model WITH genitalia you will end up with a layer under the genitalia. This can of course be fixed by hiding the area, but the genitalia simply wont adjust to the body properly if you have Geomtry Editor selected during exportation.

Its not a perfect solution, but it works. It has allowed me to export a model with morphs for both the body and the genitalia.